View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 06:01 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

This was a solid show. I hadn't been following the setlists and i think that was a good thing because all teh songs were a surprise to me. i mean, i could have told you beforehand what songs they probably would have played, but the show had nice flow.

I saw them in the "barebones stage" days of '93 - '96, and most recently in 2001. I thought the 2001 show was similar but stage show was really dark. dark is good most of the time, but i think this tour's stage lighting showed that you can use bright colors and neat tricks and still be heavy as fuck.

really liked how the 3 circular lighting rigs came down during rosette stone like a spaceship. that was solid.

i had section 200 seats, so here is a little context to teh maynardisms:

(to the lawn) "Is it raining yet? that would be unfortunate." The sky peering out above the lawn was *ominous*. really cool, especially during wings for marie. around 9pm i got a call from my wife saying all of NJ had a tornado warning, but no high winds came near camden, just rain

"Thank you, goodnight" (very little applause, maynard still perfectly still) "Thank you, goodnight" (even less applause, maynard still perfectly still) "It's like pulling teeth". it really didn't seem like the crowd woke up until the encores.

agreed with many above that most people can't STFU. i set next to 2 guys (shocker), and they just talked and talked and talked. when the one guy kept leaving to piss, the other guy kept talking to me. talking to me about total nonsense! wtf! STFU ... STFU! outside of a concert, these dumbfucks must bore the piss out of everyone they talk to. STFU! i didn't pay $65 to be talked to.

otherwise a solid show start to finish. loved it.

JR
OFFLINE |