View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Great show. 2nd row center. Yeah baby!

Isis was alright, if you dig that kind of guitar blasting sound. I have to use earplugs when they play. When they were on stage packing up their gear after the show I yelled “Welcome back to Mass. guys,” and the bassist Jeff Caxide showed his appreciation. Hey, if they’re touring with Tool and have Mass. roots, I’ll show the love.

Funny thing was that when the singer to Isis was screaming, his spit was flying all over the security guards in front. HA! There were like 20 goons in front of the stage and they kept shining flashlights at everyone. There was one guard in front of me who was rocking hard though, so good for him.

The crowd was great. Looking upwards from second row to the lawn area was an awesome sight. The place was packed tight. I didn’t witness a single episode of out-of-control drunken/druggen-ness. Everyone was into it.

I could not hear Maynard AT ALL. Sometimes I would see his lips move but not hear any vocals. That sucked. The rest of the band was loud as hell. I guess the acoustics in Mansfield are good only in some places. I was able to hear him better during Wings and Lateralus. Maynard seemed in a good mood and he was even smiling at times.

Adam aced the talkbox. He played in his socks. His wife was standing right in front of me taking pictures.

I love watching Justin. He played his bass with a bottle of Amstel. He also does some serious head banging at the end of Aenema.

For me the night was all about Danny. Those double bass hits blew vibration right through me. What a fucking feeling that is. His extended pounding at the end of Lateralus left me completely awestruck.

The visuals were great. Some of the lasers came up from the stage floor right in front of us. Awesome. This stage set-up is perfect for an amphitheater venue. I missed a lot of the visuals and other details because I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Danny.

All in all, great show, great crowd. I have fonder memories of the Orpheum show in May though. I was closer to the band in 6th row than I was at this show in 2nd row and the sound and Maynard’s vocals were incredible in the smaller venue.

Tool just rocks. I loved every song. The simple fact is that they are supremely talented composers, musicians and performers and it’s a great experience to hear the music played live.

At the end of the show, Maynard gives a peace sign, makes a fist with a hole with his other hand, sticks a finger in it, pulls it out and points to the side of the stage. Peace. The. Fuck. Out.
OFFLINE |