View Single Post
jmkees1's Avatar jmkees1
07-03-2010, 06:03 AM

[QUOTE=Matth;2923898]
"People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance."

I think people do give the opening act a chance, especially when they open for a band like Tool. However, when all you can hear is a bunch of bass, feedback, and a guy that sounds like a sh!t salesman with a mouthfull of samples, it's a little hard to even think about giving them a chance. I didn't like ISIS, and I really do like Big Business. I think most people here, including me, understand dalek must have some ability, and it is definately a different style, or they wouldn't likely be allowed to share the same stage with Tool. Should also keep in mind, as far as I know, the sound equipment isn't the same quality that Tool uses, I could be wrong. I highly doubt these opening acts are there because the record label wanted them!

Last edited by jmkees1; 07-03-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: I guess I don't know how to reply and add a quote!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

[QUOTE=Matth;2923898]
"People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance."

I think people do give the opening act a chance, especially when they open for a band like Tool. However, when all you can hear is a bunch of bass, feedback, and a guy that sounds like a sh!t salesman with a mouthfull of samples, it's a little hard to even think about giving them a chance. I didn't like ISIS, and I really do like Big Business. I think most people here, including me, understand dalek must have some ability, and it is definately a different style, or they wouldn't likely be allowed to share the same stage with Tool. Should also keep in mind, as far as I know, the sound equipment isn't the same quality that Tool uses, I could be wrong. I highly doubt these opening acts are there because the record label wanted them!

Last edited by jmkees1; 07-03-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: I guess I don't know how to reply and add a quote!
OFFLINE |