View Single Post
Matth
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM

For people who listen to such wonderfully progressive, mind-bending, uplifting and heavily intellectual music it's amazing how close minded and short sighted most of you are.

Tipharet is correct. Tool has *always* brought along amazing acts that surprise and impress. But the crowd has always been the same. If it isn't blasting on the Walrusboner's AMAZING DRIVE TIME FM BASH or being pushed on MTV or whatever is on television these days, you assholes want nothing to do with it.

People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance.

That being said, I enjoyed Dalek. I've seen their name on the Ipecac site and on various tour bills before but never followed through with checking them out. I definitely will now, and would suggest so for anyone willing to broaden their musical horizons.

As for the four we're all here to see, they seem to be hitting their stride in the tour. I've only been able to catch this and the St. Charles MO show this time around, so my perspective is a bit narrow. However, I'm hoping they're able to take this momentum into the studio and bestow one more masterpiece upon us before they decide to call it a career.

I can understand how bands don't stay together; People grow, change, and move into different directions in their lives. Just like we do. But even 16 years after hearing my first Tool album, they're still able to move my mind and jar my emotions unlike any other musicians and performers I've been able to see in my brief life. If you haven't been able to make this tour, I would strongly suggest you do what you can to make it.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

For people who listen to such wonderfully progressive, mind-bending, uplifting and heavily intellectual music it's amazing how close minded and short sighted most of you are.

Tipharet is correct. Tool has *always* brought along amazing acts that surprise and impress. But the crowd has always been the same. If it isn't blasting on the Walrusboner's AMAZING DRIVE TIME FM BASH or being pushed on MTV or whatever is on television these days, you assholes want nothing to do with it.

People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance.

That being said, I enjoyed Dalek. I've seen their name on the Ipecac site and on various tour bills before but never followed through with checking them out. I definitely will now, and would suggest so for anyone willing to broaden their musical horizons.

As for the four we're all here to see, they seem to be hitting their stride in the tour. I've only been able to catch this and the St. Charles MO show this time around, so my perspective is a bit narrow. However, I'm hoping they're able to take this momentum into the studio and bestow one more masterpiece upon us before they decide to call it a career.

I can understand how bands don't stay together; People grow, change, and move into different directions in their lives. Just like we do. But even 16 years after hearing my first Tool album, they're still able to move my mind and jar my emotions unlike any other musicians and performers I've been able to see in my brief life. If you haven't been able to make this tour, I would strongly suggest you do what you can to make it.
OFFLINE |