View Single Post
La-Z-Boy
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM

This was the first Tool show I've been to and I was blown away. Music and visuals were great, though the animated Undertow cover during "Intolerance" struck me as a little corny, IMHO. I did not care much for "Vicarious," but hearing it live seems to have changed my opinion of it for the better.

I felt the choice of songs was good, though I'd have liked it if they had played "Pushit" or "Parabola."

Minuses: I did not care for Dalek at all. I also did not like the fact that the girl sitting next to me stuck her cell phone out within my field of vision so she could record parts of the performance, nor the fact that one of Maynard's backing vocalists sat directly behind me (Strangely, this sort of thing did not bother me at all during "Aenema," when what seems like the entire audience did it).

However, these problems were all eclipsed by the band's sheer awesomeness. I look forward to seeing Tool again. :-)

Quote:
Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema
I hate to nitpick, but IIRC, wasn't "(-) ions" in there somewhere towards the beginning?

Last edited by La-Z-Boy; 07-02-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

This was the first Tool show I've been to and I was blown away. Music and visuals were great, though the animated Undertow cover during "Intolerance" struck me as a little corny, IMHO. I did not care much for "Vicarious," but hearing it live seems to have changed my opinion of it for the better.

I felt the choice of songs was good, though I'd have liked it if they had played "Pushit" or "Parabola."

Minuses: I did not care for Dalek at all. I also did not like the fact that the girl sitting next to me stuck her cell phone out within my field of vision so she could record parts of the performance, nor the fact that one of Maynard's backing vocalists sat directly behind me (Strangely, this sort of thing did not bother me at all during "Aenema," when what seems like the entire audience did it).

However, these problems were all eclipsed by the band's sheer awesomeness. I look forward to seeing Tool again. :-)

Quote:
Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema
I hate to nitpick, but IIRC, wasn't "(-) ions" in there somewhere towards the beginning?

Last edited by La-Z-Boy; 07-02-2010 at 07:27 PM..
OFFLINE |