View Single Post
Angel on the Sideline
02-20-2008, 06:10 AM

I just can't understand all the knocks on 10,000 Days. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the point of view that the album was a letdown, but I can't see it that way myself. I will admit the first 2-3 times I heard the album I was let down quite a bit. But the more I listened to it the more I realized how great it was. I had the same experience with Lateralus coming after Aenima. I didn't like it at first, then came to realize that it was in fact a masterpiece. Sometimes, Tool's music is so far ahead of us that it takes us a while to catch up.

I'm not saying those who don't like the album can't comprehend it's greatness. Either you like it or you don't. But, for me, I love it after I caught up to it.

I do agree with a lot of the posters who speculate Tool may not put out many more albums. I'd love to see them go forever, but we all know things eventually end. Hopefully Tool won't end any time soon, but they are in their 40s and have other interests. I don't see them making music another 15 years.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: TOOL To Start Writing New Album 'Right Away'

I just can't understand all the knocks on 10,000 Days. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the point of view that the album was a letdown, but I can't see it that way myself. I will admit the first 2-3 times I heard the album I was let down quite a bit. But the more I listened to it the more I realized how great it was. I had the same experience with Lateralus coming after Aenima. I didn't like it at first, then came to realize that it was in fact a masterpiece. Sometimes, Tool's music is so far ahead of us that it takes us a while to catch up.

I'm not saying those who don't like the album can't comprehend it's greatness. Either you like it or you don't. But, for me, I love it after I caught up to it.

I do agree with a lot of the posters who speculate Tool may not put out many more albums. I'd love to see them go forever, but we all know things eventually end. Hopefully Tool won't end any time soon, but they are in their 40s and have other interests. I don't see them making music another 15 years.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote