View Single Post
Farmacyst
07-17-2007, 05:52 AM

Second show for me (see Council Bluffs, IA) and despite what some are saying, this show was amazing as well. I was thrilled to see the set list change up a bit from the first show (no Lost Keys; gained The Pot and Flood). Flood was a treat, not because the song didn't get much credit initially, but the visuals behind the band were perfect. Maynard's vocals seemed a bit lost outdoors with the mix, I do agree with those statements, but I don't know how much of that was his "murmuring" in to mic or the sound mix. I had seats in the second row of section 6 (dead center) with a perfect view, but could not keep from wishing that we had selected section 2 instead just to be down in the stage bunch. Considering our seats were partially blocked at the Council Bluffs show, I expected to take in the band as a whole this time, but found myself once again fixated on Danny in the back and Maynard with his riser antics. They are both so hypnotic to watch. Taking nothing away from Adam and Justin, they just mind their business.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

Second show for me (see Council Bluffs, IA) and despite what some are saying, this show was amazing as well. I was thrilled to see the set list change up a bit from the first show (no Lost Keys; gained The Pot and Flood). Flood was a treat, not because the song didn't get much credit initially, but the visuals behind the band were perfect. Maynard's vocals seemed a bit lost outdoors with the mix, I do agree with those statements, but I don't know how much of that was his "murmuring" in to mic or the sound mix. I had seats in the second row of section 6 (dead center) with a perfect view, but could not keep from wishing that we had selected section 2 instead just to be down in the stage bunch. Considering our seats were partially blocked at the Council Bluffs show, I expected to take in the band as a whole this time, but found myself once again fixated on Danny in the back and Maynard with his riser antics. They are both so hypnotic to watch. Taking nothing away from Adam and Justin, they just mind their business.
OFFLINE |