View Single Post
dr funkmaster's Avatar dr funkmaster
07-15-2007, 09:45 PM

Well just got back from that week long trip around the midwest. While I had a great week the highlight of the trip was definitely this show. Ever since I heard "Just As the Day Was Dawning" I've been really looking forward to hearing Big Business, and they did not disappoint. Only the Melvins received a warmer reception from the fans at any TOOL show I've been to.

As for TOOL, the highlights for me were Stinkfist, Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two, and Lateralus. Stinkfist was great just because of the fans in WV. The venue was not much bigger than my old high school's gym so that may have helped but I could hear everyone screaming the lyrics and it gave me chills.

Right in Two was not as good as Flood and it seemed like the guys were messing up a lot more than I'm used to witnessing early in the song, but the end was quite powerful. It makes the highlight reel mostly because it was the first time I had heard this one live, and I'm just glad I got the chance.

Rosetta Stoned makes my top 4 just because it seems like all 4 guys were into this one more than at my previous two shows on this tour. I enjoyed this song at all 3 shows, but this was the performance that really stands out.

As always the #1 highlight was Lateralus though. The Big Business drummer was actually a worthy competitor to Danny in the drumoff (though of course still a clear 2nd place finisher). I really loved the way one's solo would end with a cymbal hit and simultaneously the other's solo would begin with that same cymbal hit. That whole sequence was outstanding and rivaled Triad from 5 years ago.

Last edited by dr funkmaster; 07-15-2007 at 09:48 PM..
Old 07-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #26
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

Well just got back from that week long trip around the midwest. While I had a great week the highlight of the trip was definitely this show. Ever since I heard "Just As the Day Was Dawning" I've been really looking forward to hearing Big Business, and they did not disappoint. Only the Melvins received a warmer reception from the fans at any TOOL show I've been to.

As for TOOL, the highlights for me were Stinkfist, Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two, and Lateralus. Stinkfist was great just because of the fans in WV. The venue was not much bigger than my old high school's gym so that may have helped but I could hear everyone screaming the lyrics and it gave me chills.

Right in Two was not as good as Flood and it seemed like the guys were messing up a lot more than I'm used to witnessing early in the song, but the end was quite powerful. It makes the highlight reel mostly because it was the first time I had heard this one live, and I'm just glad I got the chance.

Rosetta Stoned makes my top 4 just because it seems like all 4 guys were into this one more than at my previous two shows on this tour. I enjoyed this song at all 3 shows, but this was the performance that really stands out.

As always the #1 highlight was Lateralus though. The Big Business drummer was actually a worthy competitor to Danny in the drumoff (though of course still a clear 2nd place finisher). I really loved the way one's solo would end with a cymbal hit and simultaneously the other's solo would begin with that same cymbal hit. That whole sequence was outstanding and rivaled Triad from 5 years ago.

Last edited by dr funkmaster; 07-15-2007 at 09:48 PM..
OFFLINE |