View Single Post
frb
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM

What, no praise for the lateralus drums? That was the 5th show I've been to on this tour, and those drums were by far the best yet. I saw Danny do it himself in Southaven, with the guy from Mastadon in Atlanta, and with Melt Banana in Greenville and Winston Salem. But none of them compared to last night's solo with Big Business. The guy from Big Business was great, and they kept going. Usually the guest drummer walks off when the guitar comes back in. Last night, he stayed for the rest of the song, and both of them kept going off. It was insane. As they closed the song together, you could see they were in sync with each other. I really can't put it into words. That solo beat the hell out of every other one I've seen. Best drums I've ever seen.

Maynard was fairly animated and in good spirits. Got Right in Two again; haven't seen it since Southaven. It's great live. We drove 6 hours from Asheville, NC and got home at sunrise. The end of my tour, It's been awesome. Anyone with bad things to say about the band's performance has the wrong outlook on life. I saw them 10 years ago, and they have not lost their edge a bit.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #15
frb
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

What, no praise for the lateralus drums? That was the 5th show I've been to on this tour, and those drums were by far the best yet. I saw Danny do it himself in Southaven, with the guy from Mastadon in Atlanta, and with Melt Banana in Greenville and Winston Salem. But none of them compared to last night's solo with Big Business. The guy from Big Business was great, and they kept going. Usually the guest drummer walks off when the guitar comes back in. Last night, he stayed for the rest of the song, and both of them kept going off. It was insane. As they closed the song together, you could see they were in sync with each other. I really can't put it into words. That solo beat the hell out of every other one I've seen. Best drums I've ever seen.

Maynard was fairly animated and in good spirits. Got Right in Two again; haven't seen it since Southaven. It's great live. We drove 6 hours from Asheville, NC and got home at sunrise. The end of my tour, It's been awesome. Anyone with bad things to say about the band's performance has the wrong outlook on life. I saw them 10 years ago, and they have not lost their edge a bit.