View Single Post
embracingtherandom
07-08-2007, 08:55 AM

I thought they were having technical problems throughout most of the show. When Maynard was offstage he kept pointing to a sound-guy then pointing back to the equipment. On Lateralus I thought either Maynard got a cue wrong or the microphone shorted or something. He looked pissed about it, but came back after the jam and did the part he didn't get to.

I'm all about people doing what they want and having a good time at concerts, but why does everyone sing along? Better yet, why does everyone sing along so loud?! I thought we were going to the show to hear everyone play their respective instruments. They don't let you bring your own drum kit or guitar in shows for a reason, I think the same should hold true with vocals. Everyone was singing so loud I couldn't even make out Maynard. It could have been that Maynard just didn't want his voice to project or the acoustics or whatever, but even so I was hoping people would just embrace the show, you can sing along any other time you want.

Also there was this lady in front of me, who in the solo part of Right in Two, kept yelling "DANNNNYYY" ect. And when he didn't play the solo exactly like on the album she screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOING DANNY?!?! WHAT IS THIS?!" or some shit. I wanted to impale her with my poster. So instead whenever she held up her lighter and sparked it I blew it out.

My friend, who didn't go to the show, was talking with some of his friends that did go. Apparently they waited around until 2 am to get autographs and got everyone's but Maynard. While they were waiting for Maynard, some security guy came out, handed them a HUGE bag of popcorn and said "this is from Maynard."

All things considered, it was amazing.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

I thought they were having technical problems throughout most of the show. When Maynard was offstage he kept pointing to a sound-guy then pointing back to the equipment. On Lateralus I thought either Maynard got a cue wrong or the microphone shorted or something. He looked pissed about it, but came back after the jam and did the part he didn't get to.

I'm all about people doing what they want and having a good time at concerts, but why does everyone sing along? Better yet, why does everyone sing along so loud?! I thought we were going to the show to hear everyone play their respective instruments. They don't let you bring your own drum kit or guitar in shows for a reason, I think the same should hold true with vocals. Everyone was singing so loud I couldn't even make out Maynard. It could have been that Maynard just didn't want his voice to project or the acoustics or whatever, but even so I was hoping people would just embrace the show, you can sing along any other time you want.

Also there was this lady in front of me, who in the solo part of Right in Two, kept yelling "DANNNNYYY" ect. And when he didn't play the solo exactly like on the album she screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOING DANNY?!?! WHAT IS THIS?!" or some shit. I wanted to impale her with my poster. So instead whenever she held up her lighter and sparked it I blew it out.

My friend, who didn't go to the show, was talking with some of his friends that did go. Apparently they waited around until 2 am to get autographs and got everyone's but Maynard. While they were waiting for Maynard, some security guy came out, handed them a HUGE bag of popcorn and said "this is from Maynard."

All things considered, it was amazing.
OFFLINE |