View Single Post
steaknuggets
07-07-2007, 09:45 PM

The Show was good… Not great! If you’ve seen TOOL in the 90’s you’ll know what I’m talking about. Expect to see a completely different band. Before the synthesizers and special effects, you had Maynard front and center putting his heart and soul into each show. Now Maynard sings at the very back of the stage with his back facing the screens, his mic isn’t audible at times, he’s not even visible during the jam sections of the songs, and the tempo of the show is way off. It seems like as the special effects keep getting better, the band puts less and less effort into each show. Maybe I’m just expecting too much because I hold TOOL to a much higher standard than most bands, not sure…. If this is your first show, or if you’ve only seen them live from the Lateralus album to present, then you’ll love the show and totally disagree with me. All in all this was a good show, but not up to TOOL standards!!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

The Show was good… Not great! If you’ve seen TOOL in the 90’s you’ll know what I’m talking about. Expect to see a completely different band. Before the synthesizers and special effects, you had Maynard front and center putting his heart and soul into each show. Now Maynard sings at the very back of the stage with his back facing the screens, his mic isn’t audible at times, he’s not even visible during the jam sections of the songs, and the tempo of the show is way off. It seems like as the special effects keep getting better, the band puts less and less effort into each show. Maybe I’m just expecting too much because I hold TOOL to a much higher standard than most bands, not sure…. If this is your first show, or if you’ve only seen them live from the Lateralus album to present, then you’ll love the show and totally disagree with me. All in all this was a good show, but not up to TOOL standards!!
OFFLINE |