View Single Post
damian666
07-06-2007, 05:47 PM

Here's the deal, I've been a huge tool fan for over 14 years...always thought that Maynard had the best voice in rock and that tool was an awesome TIGHT live band! I have seen them many times including Perfect Circle! It has been ten years since the last time I saw tool. Summerfest was the worst show! I have come to realize that Maynard is just slowly removing himself from this band. His stupid little riser/platform (oh my God, in Dallas he stepped off it!) next to the drummer with no lighting on him other than ambient, all night. I thought the riser deal was just a cliche for Perfect Circle. Maynard what happen to the performer I saw 10 years ago??? Are you to old to rock??? Call me old school, but what happened to the singer fronting the band. On top of his shity performance his vocals last night were completely inaudible (was this a mix issue or intentional, has he lost his voice as well??) We had excellent seats (sect. 2 row R) center of the stage 18 rows back and now I know what an instrumental tool show sounds like! I have always felt that you could never anticipate what a tool show would be like night to night that they always would surprise you...instrumental was definitely a surprise but not one welcomed! I must say the band was as tight as ever.

All the blogs talk about this prima donna and his moods night by night...what the hell do I care about his mood just go out there and rock! At Lollapalooza in 97 when tool stool the show they were absolutely awesome and full of energy. I walked away completely awe struck...WOW! what a performance! At this pace maybe the next tour Maynard can sit in his bus, dressing room or hotel and sing from there. Then the next tour after that they can just play his vocals pre-recorded and he doesn't even have to show up. What has happened to this band??? These are the guys that all these musicians call "a musicians band", "a thinking man's band" all these accolades are undeserved if you ask me. I feel ripped off...after I built this band up all these years to my friends. This show was a self-indulgent piece of crap they play all this new material and very little of what got them to where they are. I truly believe that this band hit it's plateau about ten years ago with AEnima!
Hey Maynard...pass the mic to Sanjaya at least he moves more than 3 feet in any direction during a performance.

That's my rant!...I'll still buy anything tool puts out, but enjoy it more with a beer and joint in my own home!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

Here's the deal, I've been a huge tool fan for over 14 years...always thought that Maynard had the best voice in rock and that tool was an awesome TIGHT live band! I have seen them many times including Perfect Circle! It has been ten years since the last time I saw tool. Summerfest was the worst show! I have come to realize that Maynard is just slowly removing himself from this band. His stupid little riser/platform (oh my God, in Dallas he stepped off it!) next to the drummer with no lighting on him other than ambient, all night. I thought the riser deal was just a cliche for Perfect Circle. Maynard what happen to the performer I saw 10 years ago??? Are you to old to rock??? Call me old school, but what happened to the singer fronting the band. On top of his shity performance his vocals last night were completely inaudible (was this a mix issue or intentional, has he lost his voice as well??) We had excellent seats (sect. 2 row R) center of the stage 18 rows back and now I know what an instrumental tool show sounds like! I have always felt that you could never anticipate what a tool show would be like night to night that they always would surprise you...instrumental was definitely a surprise but not one welcomed! I must say the band was as tight as ever.

All the blogs talk about this prima donna and his moods night by night...what the hell do I care about his mood just go out there and rock! At Lollapalooza in 97 when tool stool the show they were absolutely awesome and full of energy. I walked away completely awe struck...WOW! what a performance! At this pace maybe the next tour Maynard can sit in his bus, dressing room or hotel and sing from there. Then the next tour after that they can just play his vocals pre-recorded and he doesn't even have to show up. What has happened to this band??? These are the guys that all these musicians call "a musicians band", "a thinking man's band" all these accolades are undeserved if you ask me. I feel ripped off...after I built this band up all these years to my friends. This show was a self-indulgent piece of crap they play all this new material and very little of what got them to where they are. I truly believe that this band hit it's plateau about ten years ago with AEnima!
Hey Maynard...pass the mic to Sanjaya at least he moves more than 3 feet in any direction during a performance.

That's my rant!...I'll still buy anything tool puts out, but enjoy it more with a beer and joint in my own home!
OFFLINE |