View Single Post
rachelrabbit23's Avatar rachelrabbit23
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM

This was my 16th show and I was FL3 G 14. That is the closest I have ever been, well, except for maybe the G.A. show at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin during the Lateralus tour (my favorite show of all time). I had a great view of Adam the entire show and I loved it. I could actually see the expressions on his face and see his fingers move, which is amazing to me since I always try to picture in my head what that is like. :) I love me some Adam Jones. Although, he had a very strange vibe as he walked onto the stage at the beginning of the show and had this dejected look on his face. Makes me wonder just what the dynamic is like backstage before they go on. It seemed like it took about 2 songs for him to be more into the performance.

Memford was slightly more chatty than he was in S.A. He seemed more into it than S.A. and was doing his trademark maneuvers.

It was LOUD AS HELL and because of my ding-dong friends, I rushed out of my car and left my earplugs behind. I tried to plug my ears with my fingers at least half of the show. Here it is 2 days later and my ears are still really sensitive. YIKES. If anyone is going to be sitting on the floor during future shows, wear your earplugs!

Overall, it was a vast improvement over the S.A. show and I was shocked when they played "Vicarious". They ended at 11:05, which tells me that if they had started 5-10 minutes earlier in S.A., they could have fit at least one song in after "Lateralus".

------

And to the fratboy-esque fucking punk asshole in FLC G 14, you are lucky that I didn't punch you in the face, you insolent pig. I was asking you if you were in my seat because I had no idea where I was and the seats were very poorly marked. So, if you think you are a tough-guy for talking shit to a woman "That's right, get the fuck outta here", then you're sorely mistaken. I wish I had had a camera to capture that deer-caught-in-the-headlights look when I got right in your face and asked you: "WHAT did you just say to me?" To which you replied "UH UH UH...I didn't say anything". Yeah, tough-guy. That's what I thought.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/22 - Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center

This was my 16th show and I was FL3 G 14. That is the closest I have ever been, well, except for maybe the G.A. show at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin during the Lateralus tour (my favorite show of all time). I had a great view of Adam the entire show and I loved it. I could actually see the expressions on his face and see his fingers move, which is amazing to me since I always try to picture in my head what that is like. :) I love me some Adam Jones. Although, he had a very strange vibe as he walked onto the stage at the beginning of the show and had this dejected look on his face. Makes me wonder just what the dynamic is like backstage before they go on. It seemed like it took about 2 songs for him to be more into the performance.

Memford was slightly more chatty than he was in S.A. He seemed more into it than S.A. and was doing his trademark maneuvers.

It was LOUD AS HELL and because of my ding-dong friends, I rushed out of my car and left my earplugs behind. I tried to plug my ears with my fingers at least half of the show. Here it is 2 days later and my ears are still really sensitive. YIKES. If anyone is going to be sitting on the floor during future shows, wear your earplugs!

Overall, it was a vast improvement over the S.A. show and I was shocked when they played "Vicarious". They ended at 11:05, which tells me that if they had started 5-10 minutes earlier in S.A., they could have fit at least one song in after "Lateralus".

------

And to the fratboy-esque fucking punk asshole in FLC G 14, you are lucky that I didn't punch you in the face, you insolent pig. I was asking you if you were in my seat because I had no idea where I was and the seats were very poorly marked. So, if you think you are a tough-guy for talking shit to a woman "That's right, get the fuck outta here", then you're sorely mistaken. I wish I had had a camera to capture that deer-caught-in-the-headlights look when I got right in your face and asked you: "WHAT did you just say to me?" To which you replied "UH UH UH...I didn't say anything". Yeah, tough-guy. That's what I thought.
OFFLINE |