View Single Post
ziek25
05-23-2007, 07:56 AM

For those of us who went to the San Antonio show and Corpus Christi show, there was a big difference. As I set there waiting to hear the same songs i'd heard the night before, same visuals, same everything (I expected). But this show was by far much better. The sound quality was very good, you could hear Maynard (which was a big problem in SA). They seemed to get into it more. The crowd was amazing as well. I think no one was let down. But also as I sat there I knew there was something a little different about this show. Then I realized "I'VE GOT BACKSTAGE PASSES"

Was very excited, waited about 45 mins after the show ended, they brought about 30 of us in a room with some tables. Finally out walks Danny, drink in hand, big smile on his face. The guy was awsome, really down to earth. Spent about 30+ minutes just shooting the shit with us, signing stuff, shaking hands answering any questions people had. Now everyone wasn't quite sure by this time if more were coming out, but we were still happy to meet Danny. That was it, he left and the majority of us left to go back to our cars. I'm walking back and see a small group up on a hill, find out Adam is there, and he signed a few autos as well. All in all a great time had. Didn't get to meet Justin or Maynard god. But I was still very happy.

Oh, and btw. I think people in San Antonio feel so cheated because they didn't get the one or 2 extra songs, felt they were "Owed" something. Well I think they did a really great show in SA, the problem wasn't tool, it was the venue that really put a damper on the show. First off, parking was way expensive, drinks really exspensive (but to be expected), stoped serving at 9:45 without warning, at end of show, bathrooms were closed. And most dont know this, but they COULD NOT PLAY PAST 11:00PM, they had to stop when they did. I even talked to Danny about the show, he also thought Corpus sounded much better. In SA he felt the sound was muddied up, but they put on their best.

Last edited by ziek25; 05-23-2007 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/22 - Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center

For those of us who went to the San Antonio show and Corpus Christi show, there was a big difference. As I set there waiting to hear the same songs i'd heard the night before, same visuals, same everything (I expected). But this show was by far much better. The sound quality was very good, you could hear Maynard (which was a big problem in SA). They seemed to get into it more. The crowd was amazing as well. I think no one was let down. But also as I sat there I knew there was something a little different about this show. Then I realized "I'VE GOT BACKSTAGE PASSES"

Was very excited, waited about 45 mins after the show ended, they brought about 30 of us in a room with some tables. Finally out walks Danny, drink in hand, big smile on his face. The guy was awsome, really down to earth. Spent about 30+ minutes just shooting the shit with us, signing stuff, shaking hands answering any questions people had. Now everyone wasn't quite sure by this time if more were coming out, but we were still happy to meet Danny. That was it, he left and the majority of us left to go back to our cars. I'm walking back and see a small group up on a hill, find out Adam is there, and he signed a few autos as well. All in all a great time had. Didn't get to meet Justin or Maynard god. But I was still very happy.

Oh, and btw. I think people in San Antonio feel so cheated because they didn't get the one or 2 extra songs, felt they were "Owed" something. Well I think they did a really great show in SA, the problem wasn't tool, it was the venue that really put a damper on the show. First off, parking was way expensive, drinks really exspensive (but to be expected), stoped serving at 9:45 without warning, at end of show, bathrooms were closed. And most dont know this, but they COULD NOT PLAY PAST 11:00PM, they had to stop when they did. I even talked to Danny about the show, he also thought Corpus sounded much better. In SA he felt the sound was muddied up, but they put on their best.

Last edited by ziek25; 05-23-2007 at 08:08 AM..
OFFLINE |