View Single Post
decoydroid
02-03-2007, 08:08 AM

To me the tragedy comes from the demonstration that even though drugs have been known to induce some of the greatest mystical/philosophical revelations, they also leave the frail human body incapacitated and retarded. Yeah the guy thought he was shown the key to life or the meaning of life or whatever, but the fact that the drug also fucked up his body and mind, it no longer matters. The experience remains completely subjective to him, and even then just dimly.

My appreciation of the lyrics come from the fact that they are a strange mixture of the most profound poetic extremes(overwhelmed as one would be/a message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those who do not), with the most juvenile, comical lows (shit the bed, with someniferous almond eyes, yogi dmt, ect.)

From my understanding of hallucinogens, it is in fact common that a lot of people do have these kinds of revelations from 'other beings' while under the influence of these drugs, especially DMT. Also it's quite common that these experiences, even if they are profound and life-altering, are forgotten/not remembered as clearly.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A Touch of Tragedy; and other minute but significant details i noticed

To me the tragedy comes from the demonstration that even though drugs have been known to induce some of the greatest mystical/philosophical revelations, they also leave the frail human body incapacitated and retarded. Yeah the guy thought he was shown the key to life or the meaning of life or whatever, but the fact that the drug also fucked up his body and mind, it no longer matters. The experience remains completely subjective to him, and even then just dimly.

My appreciation of the lyrics come from the fact that they are a strange mixture of the most profound poetic extremes(overwhelmed as one would be/a message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those who do not), with the most juvenile, comical lows (shit the bed, with someniferous almond eyes, yogi dmt, ect.)

From my understanding of hallucinogens, it is in fact common that a lot of people do have these kinds of revelations from 'other beings' while under the influence of these drugs, especially DMT. Also it's quite common that these experiences, even if they are profound and life-altering, are forgotten/not remembered as clearly.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote