View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
"H" is about Jesus Christ?! not about heroin?

One night, I was high and contemplative. I was listening to "H" and although I've had the Aenima CD for more than a year, I was still trying to analyze the meaning of the song. I've heard that many people create an association of the song with a significant other. For months, I clung onto the analysis that the song referred to a man or woman's obsession--even idolatry--for someone they were and currently pining for.

However, that night, I came up with the crazy idea that perhaps the song was about Jesus Christ: the complications of being both being divine and human. I haven't worked out all the kinks yet in order to fully demonstrate this hypothesis, but here are some key points that led me to this discovery. I do not if somone already came up with this idea, but I'm going to state my opinon anyway.

"looking to turn this piss to wine."
-This is an obvious reference to Jesus turning water into wine at the Wedding of Cana. This is Jesus' very first public miracle, spoken in the beginning of the song.

"The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been."
-I saw this as the particular scenario when Lucifer is tempting Jesus in the desert. Satan promises Jesus countries, kingdoms; Jesus could practically take over the world if he promises to bow down to the Devil.

"My blood before me begs me open up my heart again."
-This took just a little bit of research. My mother is very religious, with many pictures of Jesus, Mary, martyrs, and saints. I recall seeing somewhere in my house a picture of Jesus in a white robe, and two rays of lights coming from his heart. One ray was red and the other was white. This painting is known as the Divine Mercy of Jesus painted for a Polish nun, Faustina Kowalska on February 22, 1931. Supposedly, the Lord appeared to Sister Faustina and told her to hire an artist to paint this image she was witnessing. The white ray represents water, which makes souls righteous. And the red ray represents blood.

"These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross" (299). http://www.peacethroughmercy.com/king.htm

As said above, "my agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross." The image of the divine mercy can clearly illustrate Maynard's lyrics, "my blood before me begs me open up my heart again."

I also heard that the Divine Mercy represents the notion that Jesus is both divine and human. The red rays which indicates blood, represents his human life. While the white rays represents his divinity.

"And I feel this coming over like a storm again."
-A reference to another of Jesus' miracles: the calming of the storm. In case people are not aware of this miracle, Jesus and his apostles were on a boat when a storm broke. All his disciples were frightened, but Jesus criticized their lack of faith, and calmed the storm.

"Without the skin here."
-Matthew 26:41 claims "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

"And the snake is drown and as I looked in his eyes my fear begins to fade."
-When Jesus was in the desert, he perserved against any of Satan's temptations.

"I have died and will die. It's all right. I don't mind."

Obviously, it is claimed in Christian beliefs that Jesus died for the sins of the world. That is quite an honorable sacrifice, don't you think?! And supposedly, Jesus--who is Lord (and the Lord gives nothing but uncondtional love)--knew that his mission was to die for mankind, and loved humanity enough that he "didn't mind" dying for us.