View Single Post
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
06-14-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
You know, in all seriousness, it wasn't so much the accent that minds me of harpies chewing glass as much as what was being suggested- my half-assed attempt at phoeneticising the Australian accent aside.

And yes, Foster's is Australian for butt wiper- er, Budweiser- except that Americans actually drink butt wiper.
Ha! *lol*

and wtf is up with those beer tasting commercials, where they actually get people to compare tastes? I mean, I know that certain beers taste different, but that taste comparison is ridiculous. Just go with the one you want. Like, I wouldn't drink a beer because a TV commercial tells me it tastes better: how the fuck do they know what a good tasting beer is for me?

And that reminds me of the time Bill Hicks went to watch "Basic Instinct".
Old 06-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #30
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Re: Why the Australian accent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
You know, in all seriousness, it wasn't so much the accent that minds me of harpies chewing glass as much as what was being suggested- my half-assed attempt at phoeneticising the Australian accent aside.

And yes, Foster's is Australian for butt wiper- er, Budweiser- except that Americans actually drink butt wiper.
Ha! *lol*

and wtf is up with those beer tasting commercials, where they actually get people to compare tastes? I mean, I know that certain beers taste different, but that taste comparison is ridiculous. Just go with the one you want. Like, I wouldn't drink a beer because a TV commercial tells me it tastes better: how the fuck do they know what a good tasting beer is for me?

And that reminds me of the time Bill Hicks went to watch "Basic Instinct".
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote