View Single Post
06-13-2006, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
I once sprained my ankle in Barcelona. There was an australian physical therapist named Bernie staying in my hostel, so he was giving me advice on how to treat it, and I suppose that his accent was soothing. I told him that in America we have commercials that say, "Foster's: Australian for beer!" He really found that to be quite a hoot.

There were also these Aussie girls there, and they came over to us while we were passing around the guitar and (in all seriousness) asked us if we knew any Brittney Spears. Their accents were not soothing; they actually kinda reminded me of harpies chewing on glass. Niether here nor there, I suppose.
jus ach'n fur a geetar over ma head, ya'll. ' "hit me baby one more time" springs to mind.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Why the Australian accent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
I once sprained my ankle in Barcelona. There was an australian physical therapist named Bernie staying in my hostel, so he was giving me advice on how to treat it, and I suppose that his accent was soothing. I told him that in America we have commercials that say, "Foster's: Australian for beer!" He really found that to be quite a hoot.

There were also these Aussie girls there, and they came over to us while we were passing around the guitar and (in all seriousness) asked us if we knew any Brittney Spears. Their accents were not soothing; they actually kinda reminded me of harpies chewing on glass. Niether here nor there, I suppose.
jus ach'n fur a geetar over ma head, ya'll. ' "hit me baby one more time" springs to mind.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote