View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: "H" is about Jesus Christ?! not about heroin?

it makes a lot more sense that its about his son, and perhaps a little bit of paternal post-natal depresson.

the "looking to turn my piss to wine" lyric, to me has always been about wanting to better ones stance in life, taking something thats poor (piss) and turning into someting better off (wine), and it seems to be more of a piss take of the water to wine incident, or perhaps hoping for a miracle to get him out of the situation he is in.

Just before the "my blood before me begs me, open up my heart again" is "a snake that hardly hisses" could that be him watching over his son sleeping? hardly making a sound, but holds so much potential for harm?

I think thats something that needs a bit more thought, that perhaps the snake is a metaphor for his son, or the selfish feeling that his son is the cause of his current misery.
"Battlefield Earth" is the pinnacle. It's a pure film, pure art. You can put it on, and within seconds of having put it on, you forget you're watching a movie and you walk off and make toast or something. -- MJK
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote