View Single Post
Goad
01-16-2012, 04:52 AM

I was in Floor 1, Row Q

Fuckin amazing. very heavy powerful setlist. it was all go full throttle through most of the set.

buzz did take over adam's guitar during the lateralus drum-off. Not sure who was playing drums....or who the big dude that rambled into maynards mic. None of it was understandable.

I picked up a signed tour poster ($120). Second one to my collection (previous was the planet hollywood show in 2010)

And about the $7 beers....thats typical on the strip, not just to this venue.

maynard did botch a part on lateralus (walked over to dannys kit to laugh about it right after).....and a whole verse of schism ....but i am kinda satisfied it happened in a good way. Shows they are human and somewhat give a shit - glad he didnt wing it or just act like it never happened. The fact he pointed it out at the end of the song was warming.

Maynard did scream and belt out some serious notes where hes avoided it in the past.....BUT i did hear a few notes crack. Again, i dont mind. i'd rather them keep it real than to find out he is using pre-recorded backup tracks.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 18
Re: 01.15.2012 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Centre

I was in Floor 1, Row Q

Fuckin amazing. very heavy powerful setlist. it was all go full throttle through most of the set.

buzz did take over adam's guitar during the lateralus drum-off. Not sure who was playing drums....or who the big dude that rambled into maynards mic. None of it was understandable.

I picked up a signed tour poster ($120). Second one to my collection (previous was the planet hollywood show in 2010)

And about the $7 beers....thats typical on the strip, not just to this venue.

maynard did botch a part on lateralus (walked over to dannys kit to laugh about it right after).....and a whole verse of schism ....but i am kinda satisfied it happened in a good way. Shows they are human and somewhat give a shit - glad he didnt wing it or just act like it never happened. The fact he pointed it out at the end of the song was warming.

Maynard did scream and belt out some serious notes where hes avoided it in the past.....BUT i did hear a few notes crack. Again, i dont mind. i'd rather them keep it real than to find out he is using pre-recorded backup tracks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote