View Single Post
jazo
07-15-2010, 06:52 AM

Holy Experience. That is the best way I can describe TOOL's performance on 7.10 in the Key Arena.

My friend and I got there right after doors opened and therefore were each able to snag a poster (unsigned) for the show, really neat artwork as usual by the way. I love the embossed stamp Adam throws on the corner, cannot wait to examine it further... tons of alchemical symbols in use there. I also chose to get the CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC shirt with the bear on it, did anyone else see those?

Thought RAJAS was an excellent opener and thought I heard an ISIS influence there. No surprise since one of the members of ISIS is in RAJAS. Been listening to the 3 songs on their website all this week and will be ordering the CD (fuck iTunes) ASAP.

So I did peak at the New Orleans setlist and was therefore not totally surprised to see Tim Leary's trippy 3D face appear on screen exactly at 9 PM and knew what was to follow. I was fully feeling good that night, definitely had my mind blown by the journey of a song that is Third Eye. When they jammed right into the extension I was just in utter awe that I was hearing a new addition to a 14:00 song. They all could have walked off the stage after this opening song and that goes to show you what a band they've become.

The rest of the night was utter precision. They all rocked the Key Arena with authority. Danny is such a machine I am still unsure how he powers through an entire show. The highlights for me were definitely Third Eye, Stinkfist, Intolerance, and seeing the RAJAS drummer hold his own during Lateralus. Also the very end of Forty Six & 2 when the white lights shined at the end and you could see the entire arena full of madly energetic and appreciative TOOL fans. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

I am so thankful I could make the journey to see them Seattle, as it was my first time there or any place close to it out west. If the prelude to Vicarious is something we'll be hearing off the new album I am already super excited for it as it seems like a good new peaceful sound coming from them.

Thanks to everyone else in the crowd that night, I think we were truly privileged to see them like that and we definitely let them know. Probably the best TOOL experience I could ever ask for.
7/30/09 - Fairfax
7/10/10 - Seattle
1/24/12 - Toledo
6/23/12 - River's Edge
10/31/15 - Tempe
10/22/16 - Aftershock
6/17/17 - The Gorge
Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.10.2010 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena

Holy Experience. That is the best way I can describe TOOL's performance on 7.10 in the Key Arena.

My friend and I got there right after doors opened and therefore were each able to snag a poster (unsigned) for the show, really neat artwork as usual by the way. I love the embossed stamp Adam throws on the corner, cannot wait to examine it further... tons of alchemical symbols in use there. I also chose to get the CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC shirt with the bear on it, did anyone else see those?

Thought RAJAS was an excellent opener and thought I heard an ISIS influence there. No surprise since one of the members of ISIS is in RAJAS. Been listening to the 3 songs on their website all this week and will be ordering the CD (fuck iTunes) ASAP.

So I did peak at the New Orleans setlist and was therefore not totally surprised to see Tim Leary's trippy 3D face appear on screen exactly at 9 PM and knew what was to follow. I was fully feeling good that night, definitely had my mind blown by the journey of a song that is Third Eye. When they jammed right into the extension I was just in utter awe that I was hearing a new addition to a 14:00 song. They all could have walked off the stage after this opening song and that goes to show you what a band they've become.

The rest of the night was utter precision. They all rocked the Key Arena with authority. Danny is such a machine I am still unsure how he powers through an entire show. The highlights for me were definitely Third Eye, Stinkfist, Intolerance, and seeing the RAJAS drummer hold his own during Lateralus. Also the very end of Forty Six & 2 when the white lights shined at the end and you could see the entire arena full of madly energetic and appreciative TOOL fans. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

I am so thankful I could make the journey to see them Seattle, as it was my first time there or any place close to it out west. If the prelude to Vicarious is something we'll be hearing off the new album I am already super excited for it as it seems like a good new peaceful sound coming from them.

Thanks to everyone else in the crowd that night, I think we were truly privileged to see them like that and we definitely let them know. Probably the best TOOL experience I could ever ask for.
7/30/09 - Fairfax
7/10/10 - Seattle
1/24/12 - Toledo
6/23/12 - River's Edge
10/31/15 - Tempe
10/22/16 - Aftershock
6/17/17 - The Gorge
OFFLINE |