View Single Post
Love4Fire
07-12-2010, 10:47 AM

The setlist stayed the same for this show, and I was just fine with that! After seeing the reviews and watching some videos of the 2009 tour, I was a little worried about this tour. I was really hoping that they would not just rehash the same old setlist and visuals from the 2007, 2009 tour. Well they must have been listening to the fans! New visuals, new songs, and I feel that Maynard was way more into it this tour and his vocals sounded amazing! Although I'm not sure why he says the exact same thing every night, it seems that would get a little boring. Oh well, I'm not really there to hear him babble I guess. It's all about the music! And boy did it sound tight. I thought the mix in the arena was great. I could hear everything perfectly, especially the vocals. Maynard still has those pipes! I really enjoyed the drum battle this time. The second drummer was very good and held his own to DC! Best battle so far! Aenema, Intolerance, and Third eye were the highlights for me. Just amazing. First time seeing Third eye and intolerance live and they did not disappoint!!(Like that's even possible) At the end of the show Maynard ran to each member and kind of gave them awkward high fives, Adam didn't even look up at him and kind of half asses the high five, Maynard then walked right off the stage while the rest of the guys through stuff into the crowd and ate up the applause. This was my 6th Tool show and I would rate it number two, right below the show at the gorge in 2006. Also, the crowd and security were very cool! I was in section 101 and took some videos, didn't get harassed once! Thank you Maynard, Justin, Danny, and Adam for another Tool experience I will never forget! Spiral out...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.10.2010 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena

The setlist stayed the same for this show, and I was just fine with that! After seeing the reviews and watching some videos of the 2009 tour, I was a little worried about this tour. I was really hoping that they would not just rehash the same old setlist and visuals from the 2007, 2009 tour. Well they must have been listening to the fans! New visuals, new songs, and I feel that Maynard was way more into it this tour and his vocals sounded amazing! Although I'm not sure why he says the exact same thing every night, it seems that would get a little boring. Oh well, I'm not really there to hear him babble I guess. It's all about the music! And boy did it sound tight. I thought the mix in the arena was great. I could hear everything perfectly, especially the vocals. Maynard still has those pipes! I really enjoyed the drum battle this time. The second drummer was very good and held his own to DC! Best battle so far! Aenema, Intolerance, and Third eye were the highlights for me. Just amazing. First time seeing Third eye and intolerance live and they did not disappoint!!(Like that's even possible) At the end of the show Maynard ran to each member and kind of gave them awkward high fives, Adam didn't even look up at him and kind of half asses the high five, Maynard then walked right off the stage while the rest of the guys through stuff into the crowd and ate up the applause. This was my 6th Tool show and I would rate it number two, right below the show at the gorge in 2006. Also, the crowd and security were very cool! I was in section 101 and took some videos, didn't get harassed once! Thank you Maynard, Justin, Danny, and Adam for another Tool experience I will never forget! Spiral out...
OFFLINE |