View Single Post
K4E2V0's Avatar K4E2V0
07-10-2010, 05:48 PM

absolutely amazing!! my 4th Tool show, deffinately at the top of the list.

the evening was as close to perfect as it could be. even though the sun took a hiatus, it was still exceptionally warm and the beers were ice cold and plentifull.

as always, the crowd was a diverse group. took some time till hang around in the concourse and people watch. was surprised to see quite a few really young kids who must have begged their very 'straight' looking parent(s) to take them to Tool. talked to a lot of fans that made the drive to Van from various parts of the province. smoked a joint with a guy and his gf who drove in from Creston and were heading back right after the show was done. 10 hours here and 10 back= true fans!

caught half of Rajas' set and from what i heard it wasn't too bad.

setlist was the same as the previous Canadian dates.

as soon as the house lights went down it was easy to see the multitude of flickering lighters and the familiar aroma of BC's finest filled the stadium!!

can't say enough about opening with Third Eye, was a great way to kick off the show!! you could tell right away that the sound crew had dialed in an almost perfect mix of the band and Maynard's vocals, something that i thought was lacking during the 06/07 run. Jambi kicked ass as usual, and EBA/ The Patient was stellar!! my personal high lite of the night was Intolerance, they absolutely nailed it! would like to see it added as a staple at every show. there's been a lot of chatter on this forum about dropping songs like Schism and Stinkfist and after last night i'm starting to lean that way too. the same had been said about 46 & 2 but once again it proves to be an incredibly powerful song live and i never get tired of hearing it. Lateralus and Aenema came off without a hitch and topped off the evening. would have to say that the drummer from Rajas did a decent job of trying to keep up with DC during the battle but got crushed in the end.

the only negative thing i can say about the whole night was during the intermission before the encore. i thought the crowd was fairly passive and not anything like 06. as usual, after thanking his band mates, Maynard quickly left the stage. thankfully, the crowd redeemed themselves and gave Adam, Justin and Danny much love!!

thank you Tool for another night i'll not soon forget!! looking forward to the next time around.......
i mean, we are like catapillars, contemplating pupation. no longer will i chew on the cabbage leaves, no longer will i spend my time moving on the underside of the foliage! life must be a preparation for the transition to another dimension...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 78
Re: 07.09.2010 - Vancouver, BC @ GM Place

absolutely amazing!! my 4th Tool show, deffinately at the top of the list.

the evening was as close to perfect as it could be. even though the sun took a hiatus, it was still exceptionally warm and the beers were ice cold and plentifull.

as always, the crowd was a diverse group. took some time till hang around in the concourse and people watch. was surprised to see quite a few really young kids who must have begged their very 'straight' looking parent(s) to take them to Tool. talked to a lot of fans that made the drive to Van from various parts of the province. smoked a joint with a guy and his gf who drove in from Creston and were heading back right after the show was done. 10 hours here and 10 back= true fans!

caught half of Rajas' set and from what i heard it wasn't too bad.

setlist was the same as the previous Canadian dates.

as soon as the house lights went down it was easy to see the multitude of flickering lighters and the familiar aroma of BC's finest filled the stadium!!

can't say enough about opening with Third Eye, was a great way to kick off the show!! you could tell right away that the sound crew had dialed in an almost perfect mix of the band and Maynard's vocals, something that i thought was lacking during the 06/07 run. Jambi kicked ass as usual, and EBA/ The Patient was stellar!! my personal high lite of the night was Intolerance, they absolutely nailed it! would like to see it added as a staple at every show. there's been a lot of chatter on this forum about dropping songs like Schism and Stinkfist and after last night i'm starting to lean that way too. the same had been said about 46 & 2 but once again it proves to be an incredibly powerful song live and i never get tired of hearing it. Lateralus and Aenema came off without a hitch and topped off the evening. would have to say that the drummer from Rajas did a decent job of trying to keep up with DC during the battle but got crushed in the end.

the only negative thing i can say about the whole night was during the intermission before the encore. i thought the crowd was fairly passive and not anything like 06. as usual, after thanking his band mates, Maynard quickly left the stage. thankfully, the crowd redeemed themselves and gave Adam, Justin and Danny much love!!

thank you Tool for another night i'll not soon forget!! looking forward to the next time around.......
i mean, we are like catapillars, contemplating pupation. no longer will i chew on the cabbage leaves, no longer will i spend my time moving on the underside of the foliage! life must be a preparation for the transition to another dimension...
OFFLINE |