View Single Post
october_midnight
07-10-2010, 09:16 AM

Setlist was identical, no Right in Two though.

Show was fantastic, my 6th Tool show but I'd definitely put it up higher than the 2006 show. MJK was high in the mix and actually looked like he was enjoying himself. Did the typical taking pictures of everyone with his iPhone, taking his wine bottle to the other guys for them to drink.

MJK chatter:

After the Rajas drummer came out and did the duet with Danny, MJK: 'Thanks for that duel...drumming...display of faggotry....you douchebags.'

Also there was the 'Everything's gonna turn out ok.' To be followed up just before Lateralus with 'See? I told you it'd turn out ok.'

Before Intolerance it was: 'Put your fingers up if you've seen Back To The Future....you know where Michael J. Fox goes back in time and sees himself from the past...no, it was the future...no, the past. Well, this song is like that.'

Last was just before Aenema: 'Anyone hear the joke about Michael Jackson going in to the doctor's office?...'

The show itself was great, MJK actually looked like he was really in to it, Justin's a beast on the bass (though we all know that). The merch was ridiculous. I know our dollar's at, oh I'd say...about 95 cents now, but that meant the venue specific shirts were $55, the prints $30, the signed prints $120....really? And had to pass on the venue specific shirts since all they had were L and XL...no thanks, I'm 6 feet tall and weight 140lbs. I don't diet solely on mass amounts of burritos and pizza.

Security was pretty tight on camera/cellphone use. No joke, one of the guys had a green laser pointer that you could actually see the beam and a few times he'd see someone literally about 20 rows up in the stands and ZAP...green dot right on their face. Pretty crazy.

Stage lighting was fantastic. It was weird not having new tracks or a new album, but I'll take a Tool show any day. All in all, a fantastic night, my girlfriend's first Tool show and she was blown away, even though we were squished on the rail in front of Justin the whole time!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.09.2010 - Vancouver, BC @ GM Place

Setlist was identical, no Right in Two though.

Show was fantastic, my 6th Tool show but I'd definitely put it up higher than the 2006 show. MJK was high in the mix and actually looked like he was enjoying himself. Did the typical taking pictures of everyone with his iPhone, taking his wine bottle to the other guys for them to drink.

MJK chatter:

After the Rajas drummer came out and did the duet with Danny, MJK: 'Thanks for that duel...drumming...display of faggotry....you douchebags.'

Also there was the 'Everything's gonna turn out ok.' To be followed up just before Lateralus with 'See? I told you it'd turn out ok.'

Before Intolerance it was: 'Put your fingers up if you've seen Back To The Future....you know where Michael J. Fox goes back in time and sees himself from the past...no, it was the future...no, the past. Well, this song is like that.'

Last was just before Aenema: 'Anyone hear the joke about Michael Jackson going in to the doctor's office?...'

The show itself was great, MJK actually looked like he was really in to it, Justin's a beast on the bass (though we all know that). The merch was ridiculous. I know our dollar's at, oh I'd say...about 95 cents now, but that meant the venue specific shirts were $55, the prints $30, the signed prints $120....really? And had to pass on the venue specific shirts since all they had were L and XL...no thanks, I'm 6 feet tall and weight 140lbs. I don't diet solely on mass amounts of burritos and pizza.

Security was pretty tight on camera/cellphone use. No joke, one of the guys had a green laser pointer that you could actually see the beam and a few times he'd see someone literally about 20 rows up in the stands and ZAP...green dot right on their face. Pretty crazy.

Stage lighting was fantastic. It was weird not having new tracks or a new album, but I'll take a Tool show any day. All in all, a fantastic night, my girlfriend's first Tool show and she was blown away, even though we were squished on the rail in front of Justin the whole time!
OFFLINE |