View Single Post
P. Rogue
07-29-2009, 12:27 PM

TOOL has been my favorite band for well over a decade and this was my first time seeing them live. I loved every minute of it. I was in the middle of the floor, and didn't have any problems with the crowd. I did notice some rowdier people but them seemed mostly in front of where I was at. I agree more with "nusense" up above in that my mind was blown by the whole experience.

The worst part for me was the drive from Chattanooga. It took me four hours to make a two and an half hour drive due to horrible traffic on 285 and I-85, plus I had some car trouble. I was questioning whether or not I was going to make it after being so excited since I decided to not let another Tool tour pass me by. But I did get there around ten after seven, finally.

I enjoyed Tweak Bird a lot too, especially their energy and enthusiasm. They remind me of early Sabbath mixed with a little Mars Volta progginess.

Maybe because I don't have another Tool show to compare it too, I loved it. Maynard did seem more energetic toward the beginning of the show than at the end, but I could hear his vocals pretty good except when I wasn't paying attention because I was too caught up in yelling the lyrics myself. I especially liked the occult/ufo visuals during Rosetta Stoned. I can't wait too see them again, but hopefully in Knoxville or Nashville.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #77
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

TOOL has been my favorite band for well over a decade and this was my first time seeing them live. I loved every minute of it. I was in the middle of the floor, and didn't have any problems with the crowd. I did notice some rowdier people but them seemed mostly in front of where I was at. I agree more with "nusense" up above in that my mind was blown by the whole experience.

The worst part for me was the drive from Chattanooga. It took me four hours to make a two and an half hour drive due to horrible traffic on 285 and I-85, plus I had some car trouble. I was questioning whether or not I was going to make it after being so excited since I decided to not let another Tool tour pass me by. But I did get there around ten after seven, finally.

I enjoyed Tweak Bird a lot too, especially their energy and enthusiasm. They remind me of early Sabbath mixed with a little Mars Volta progginess.

Maybe because I don't have another Tool show to compare it too, I loved it. Maynard did seem more energetic toward the beginning of the show than at the end, but I could hear his vocals pretty good except when I wasn't paying attention because I was too caught up in yelling the lyrics myself. I especially liked the occult/ufo visuals during Rosetta Stoned. I can't wait too see them again, but hopefully in Knoxville or Nashville.
OFFLINE |