View Single Post
Bundahead's Avatar Bundahead
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimLoK View Post
i'm not going to name any names but i've read several posts that are complaining in one way or another about the crowd. now i've seen 6 tool shows in 5 different states and read the reviews to all of these shows and in every thread there are always ppl complaining about their fellow concert goers. what makes them think that somehow they are superior to the rest of the ppl in the crowd? if what these complainers say is true, then that means that they are the only decent human beings in the cities of birmingham, dallas, biloxi, pensacola, and atlanta. i find that hard to believe. i've enjoyed the crowd (for the most part) at every show i've been to. and when they complain about the "crowd" they're griping about ppl like you and me who might've driven hundreds of miles to see a great band. i'm from birmingham, al and some uninformed person stated his opinion about the crowd at the oak mountain show and how he would not go back to that place. well, fine. but don't lump everyone into one category. just because you ran into some jerks, don't assume everyone is that way. for all you know those ppl might've driven from out of state and aren't even from b'ham.

same goes for every show. i can promise that in every concert thread on here some are going to complain about the other tool fans in the audience. but think before you label the whole crowd terrible on account of a few numbskulls. once again, i was on the floor level at this venue and had no problems with anyone (in particular, moshers). this ends my rant. thank you for your patience.
Dude, i don't understand where you coming from here. I can't wrap my mind around how the behavior of the people around me is at all justified. I paid more money so that i could be closer to the stage...i waited in a long line for hours so that my short ass could see. I don't think anyone in here has said anything about the crowd as a whole. My only complaint is with the people who thought so much of themselves that they ruined the experience for me and my husband. It sounds as if you may have been one of the people knocking others out of your way. Or perhaps you're a big fella who can bounce the idiots off of you. I myself am 5 foot 3 inches tall and weigh around 145 lbs, there wasn't much i could do except get out of the way. Oh yeah, i did try to rationalize with a couple of them but they didn't care. It was the strangest thing, though, to see the look on this one guys face as i tried reasoning with him, "Please man, could you please stop and get them to stop too. " He never answered. He just looked in my eyes, hesitated, and then went back to shoving. If you are one of the aformentioned "moshers" then i would beg of you too, "Please stop" or at least limit your chaos to the shows in your area. There's definitely no need for you to cross state lines. I don't think i'm superior at all. I really don't. And i resent you making that assumption based on the fact that I feel victimized by the violence which surrounded me. I am a very open minded, loving human being that just feels I deserve better than the hand that i was dealt. I deserved to enjoy the show as long as i didn't infringe upon your rights to do the same. and vice-versa
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #74
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimLoK View Post
i'm not going to name any names but i've read several posts that are complaining in one way or another about the crowd. now i've seen 6 tool shows in 5 different states and read the reviews to all of these shows and in every thread there are always ppl complaining about their fellow concert goers. what makes them think that somehow they are superior to the rest of the ppl in the crowd? if what these complainers say is true, then that means that they are the only decent human beings in the cities of birmingham, dallas, biloxi, pensacola, and atlanta. i find that hard to believe. i've enjoyed the crowd (for the most part) at every show i've been to. and when they complain about the "crowd" they're griping about ppl like you and me who might've driven hundreds of miles to see a great band. i'm from birmingham, al and some uninformed person stated his opinion about the crowd at the oak mountain show and how he would not go back to that place. well, fine. but don't lump everyone into one category. just because you ran into some jerks, don't assume everyone is that way. for all you know those ppl might've driven from out of state and aren't even from b'ham.

same goes for every show. i can promise that in every concert thread on here some are going to complain about the other tool fans in the audience. but think before you label the whole crowd terrible on account of a few numbskulls. once again, i was on the floor level at this venue and had no problems with anyone (in particular, moshers). this ends my rant. thank you for your patience.
Dude, i don't understand where you coming from here. I can't wrap my mind around how the behavior of the people around me is at all justified. I paid more money so that i could be closer to the stage...i waited in a long line for hours so that my short ass could see. I don't think anyone in here has said anything about the crowd as a whole. My only complaint is with the people who thought so much of themselves that they ruined the experience for me and my husband. It sounds as if you may have been one of the people knocking others out of your way. Or perhaps you're a big fella who can bounce the idiots off of you. I myself am 5 foot 3 inches tall and weigh around 145 lbs, there wasn't much i could do except get out of the way. Oh yeah, i did try to rationalize with a couple of them but they didn't care. It was the strangest thing, though, to see the look on this one guys face as i tried reasoning with him, "Please man, could you please stop and get them to stop too. " He never answered. He just looked in my eyes, hesitated, and then went back to shoving. If you are one of the aformentioned "moshers" then i would beg of you too, "Please stop" or at least limit your chaos to the shows in your area. There's definitely no need for you to cross state lines. I don't think i'm superior at all. I really don't. And i resent you making that assumption based on the fact that I feel victimized by the violence which surrounded me. I am a very open minded, loving human being that just feels I deserve better than the hand that i was dealt. I deserved to enjoy the show as long as i didn't infringe upon your rights to do the same. and vice-versa
OFFLINE |