View Single Post
The Sven
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM

This was my eighth Tool show.

My fiance and I arrived to the venue and signed up for the drawing to win a director's chair autographed by the band. It never hurts to try, haha. Met up with Tmackc12 and chatted with him and his wife. Big thanks to him for the awesome tickets! After an overzealous security guard got to go on a power trip and stomped her way through every line yelling about how we can't open our cell phones during the show, we made our way into the AT&T center. Had a look at the merch, and then made our way to our seats. Had a pretty nice view of the stage from Section 6, row 12 (Which was more like row 6 since there were no floor seats set up for the first few rows.) I enjoyed Tweak Bird for the most part, especially their drummer. They were fun to listen to, but not as enjoyable for me as Tricky or Tomahawk was. Although Tool's setlist was nothing new from the last tour, it didn't make it any less enjoyable for me. I was caught up in the moment, and still felt the magic that I felt at every other show. Thought the new visuals were great, especially the video during Lateralus. It was something new, instead of the flying red phoenix that was used in the past for Lateralus and Reflection. I seem to think that at one point the band was bathed in purple light and fog coming down from the three "UFO" lights, which didn't occur at Dallas and was incredible. I'll comment more about the stage show during my Dallas review. I know you hear this a lot Junior, but truly amazing job. I can't wait to see what you pull off on the next Tool tour where hopefully a huge reboot/upgrade/change will be done to the stage show.

Also, thanks to whoever had to put a certain person in a headlock to agree to do this tour.
10/23/01 Oklahoma City, OK - 7/25/02 Tulsa, OK - 11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK - 9/14/06 Dallas, TX - 5/11/07 Wichita, KS - 5/19/07 Oklahoma City, OK - 11/19/07 Tulsa, OK - 7/24/09 San Antonio, TX - 7/25/09 Dallas, TX - 6/23/10 Oklahoma City, OK
Old 07-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

This was my eighth Tool show.

My fiance and I arrived to the venue and signed up for the drawing to win a director's chair autographed by the band. It never hurts to try, haha. Met up with Tmackc12 and chatted with him and his wife. Big thanks to him for the awesome tickets! After an overzealous security guard got to go on a power trip and stomped her way through every line yelling about how we can't open our cell phones during the show, we made our way into the AT&T center. Had a look at the merch, and then made our way to our seats. Had a pretty nice view of the stage from Section 6, row 12 (Which was more like row 6 since there were no floor seats set up for the first few rows.) I enjoyed Tweak Bird for the most part, especially their drummer. They were fun to listen to, but not as enjoyable for me as Tricky or Tomahawk was. Although Tool's setlist was nothing new from the last tour, it didn't make it any less enjoyable for me. I was caught up in the moment, and still felt the magic that I felt at every other show. Thought the new visuals were great, especially the video during Lateralus. It was something new, instead of the flying red phoenix that was used in the past for Lateralus and Reflection. I seem to think that at one point the band was bathed in purple light and fog coming down from the three "UFO" lights, which didn't occur at Dallas and was incredible. I'll comment more about the stage show during my Dallas review. I know you hear this a lot Junior, but truly amazing job. I can't wait to see what you pull off on the next Tool tour where hopefully a huge reboot/upgrade/change will be done to the stage show.

Also, thanks to whoever had to put a certain person in a headlock to agree to do this tour.
10/23/01 Oklahoma City, OK - 7/25/02 Tulsa, OK - 11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK - 9/14/06 Dallas, TX - 5/11/07 Wichita, KS - 5/19/07 Oklahoma City, OK - 11/19/07 Tulsa, OK - 7/24/09 San Antonio, TX - 7/25/09 Dallas, TX - 6/23/10 Oklahoma City, OK
OFFLINE |