View Single Post
blp
12-12-2007, 03:13 AM

unreal as always... this was either my 8th or 9th show, first time was in 93, and this was my third 10kdays show, and by FAR the best. the new light show at the intermission is unbelievable. was my sister's first tool show and she was blown away... i just can't describe how unreal their live set is, it's totally amazing. i mean it HAS to go down as one of the best live shows ever--i really mean that. first class all the way.

i feel special we got to see Tool do a cover they've never done before (at least to my knowledge) when they started into it, it was like 'is this really happening?!'.. they nailed it too.

i really hope when MJK said they'd see us again soon and he meant it from the bottom of his heart that they are going to continue to tour. i just feel like every show i see may be the last one for a long while, if not ever. i really hope for our sakes they go keep touring a while and then go back and record another disc sometime in the future.

the thing that made this show so special i think was they were in prime form, played SO clean and so tight all night, and MJK was really REALLY in good spirits. he said 10x more tonight than he did at the previous two shows i saw at Marysville and Reno. and with the exception of the end of Vicarious, he sang HARD all night.

Flood an Lateralus stood out to me tonight, and it was an especially moving version of Wings/10kdays too. for me, Flood was the topper tonight, been a while since I have seen them play that one and it was just perfect.

only negative was that it took 75 minutes SEVENtY FIVE to get out of the parking garage. then it took us another 30 to get onto the bay bridge because of road work. but it was well worth it...

we had after show passes, but decided to skip it because we heard they almost never show for them... think i'll just save the sticker for a keepsake or something. no way i was going to stand in a line for an hour and get stiffed heh. hopethey come back soon!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #17
blp
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 11 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic

unreal as always... this was either my 8th or 9th show, first time was in 93, and this was my third 10kdays show, and by FAR the best. the new light show at the intermission is unbelievable. was my sister's first tool show and she was blown away... i just can't describe how unreal their live set is, it's totally amazing. i mean it HAS to go down as one of the best live shows ever--i really mean that. first class all the way.

i feel special we got to see Tool do a cover they've never done before (at least to my knowledge) when they started into it, it was like 'is this really happening?!'.. they nailed it too.

i really hope when MJK said they'd see us again soon and he meant it from the bottom of his heart that they are going to continue to tour. i just feel like every show i see may be the last one for a long while, if not ever. i really hope for our sakes they go keep touring a while and then go back and record another disc sometime in the future.

the thing that made this show so special i think was they were in prime form, played SO clean and so tight all night, and MJK was really REALLY in good spirits. he said 10x more tonight than he did at the previous two shows i saw at Marysville and Reno. and with the exception of the end of Vicarious, he sang HARD all night.

Flood an Lateralus stood out to me tonight, and it was an especially moving version of Wings/10kdays too. for me, Flood was the topper tonight, been a while since I have seen them play that one and it was just perfect.

only negative was that it took 75 minutes SEVENtY FIVE to get out of the parking garage. then it took us another 30 to get onto the bay bridge because of road work. but it was well worth it...

we had after show passes, but decided to skip it because we heard they almost never show for them... think i'll just save the sticker for a keepsake or something. no way i was going to stand in a line for an hour and get stiffed heh. hopethey come back soon!
OFFLINE |