View Single Post
HolyMolyRavioli's Avatar HolyMolyRavioli
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM

FUCKING GREAT SHOW. I walked out of the Nokia in awe. And to think I almost didn't make it.

First of all, luck was on my side. I didn't get any tickets when they went on-sale, as I relied on my friend to get them, but she unfortunately couldn't, which sucked only cause we had to raise the money slowly, as being gals at the age of 16, heh, we don't receive any income. So we spent the past week hoping that something would pull through (we were NOT gonna spend more than 200 on tickets), and lo and behold, on thursday we found out that we knew someone who knew someone who was selling tickets at face value. After kissing ass, he got 'em for us, and we received em today. They were LOGE seats, but we were like ah, fuck it. At least we're going right?

So we're expecting seats in the back, we ask the ushers where we're seated and they keep telling us to keep going at the end, until finally one of them goes, "oh you're in the VIP section, head forward.' And sure enough, we got luxury seats! We just started laughing because, well, sometimes life is too generous.

Enough about me... just wanted to share that with someone, lol.

Trans Am was cool, I thought they were fun.

So onto Tool:

Jambi was cool. I think Maynard started speaking after the song, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. He said hey to us, and said San Francisco was louder (which...doesn't make sense, as they're playing SF tomorrow :P). He then said something about casting calls.

Stinkfist is always one of my favorites to hear live. Love the extended version. Twas good. Forty Six & 2 was great also. Drum solo is always good.

I will forever love Schism and how they speed it up around the end of the song. Its just so kickass.

Rosetta Stoned is awesome.

FLOOD IS KILLER LIVE. Totally exceeded my expectations. Loved the water visuals. Goddamn, it was amazing! I'm glad I got to hear that song live.

After Flood, I believe there was an intermission and a light-show, sorta. Pretty trippy. They showed that uh, still from the vicarious video, and being the loser that I am, I thought they were going to debut the video, but eh.

Wings/10kd is such a powerful and moving song. And the laser show really adds to the entire experience.

My highlight of the entire night was Lateralus. Its probably my favorite Tool song, so I was really into it, along with the guys next to us. They did that whole drum battle/solo/contest/whatever between Danny and... I didn't catch the other guys name. Lasted for awhile, then Maynard held up the scores: 9 and 8.

We had this moment, during the last verse of Lateralus. I was singing along, the guys next to us were singing as well, we were singing to each other, there was a lot of love, man.

Maynard started speaking again, talking about the writer's strike, and how it was a "bummer." He started talking about something else, iono. Then he said thanks for coming out.

Vicarious was awesome. Loved to hear Maynard sing the last line.

The entire show was great. I, too, was hoping for them to end with Aenema, but you know, it was still a good concert. Don't know when the next time they'll be back will be, but I'm glad I saw them this round.

I apologize if this is long, heheh.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

FUCKING GREAT SHOW. I walked out of the Nokia in awe. And to think I almost didn't make it.

First of all, luck was on my side. I didn't get any tickets when they went on-sale, as I relied on my friend to get them, but she unfortunately couldn't, which sucked only cause we had to raise the money slowly, as being gals at the age of 16, heh, we don't receive any income. So we spent the past week hoping that something would pull through (we were NOT gonna spend more than 200 on tickets), and lo and behold, on thursday we found out that we knew someone who knew someone who was selling tickets at face value. After kissing ass, he got 'em for us, and we received em today. They were LOGE seats, but we were like ah, fuck it. At least we're going right?

So we're expecting seats in the back, we ask the ushers where we're seated and they keep telling us to keep going at the end, until finally one of them goes, "oh you're in the VIP section, head forward.' And sure enough, we got luxury seats! We just started laughing because, well, sometimes life is too generous.

Enough about me... just wanted to share that with someone, lol.

Trans Am was cool, I thought they were fun.

So onto Tool:

Jambi was cool. I think Maynard started speaking after the song, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. He said hey to us, and said San Francisco was louder (which...doesn't make sense, as they're playing SF tomorrow :P). He then said something about casting calls.

Stinkfist is always one of my favorites to hear live. Love the extended version. Twas good. Forty Six & 2 was great also. Drum solo is always good.

I will forever love Schism and how they speed it up around the end of the song. Its just so kickass.

Rosetta Stoned is awesome.

FLOOD IS KILLER LIVE. Totally exceeded my expectations. Loved the water visuals. Goddamn, it was amazing! I'm glad I got to hear that song live.

After Flood, I believe there was an intermission and a light-show, sorta. Pretty trippy. They showed that uh, still from the vicarious video, and being the loser that I am, I thought they were going to debut the video, but eh.

Wings/10kd is such a powerful and moving song. And the laser show really adds to the entire experience.

My highlight of the entire night was Lateralus. Its probably my favorite Tool song, so I was really into it, along with the guys next to us. They did that whole drum battle/solo/contest/whatever between Danny and... I didn't catch the other guys name. Lasted for awhile, then Maynard held up the scores: 9 and 8.

We had this moment, during the last verse of Lateralus. I was singing along, the guys next to us were singing as well, we were singing to each other, there was a lot of love, man.

Maynard started speaking again, talking about the writer's strike, and how it was a "bummer." He started talking about something else, iono. Then he said thanks for coming out.

Vicarious was awesome. Loved to hear Maynard sing the last line.

The entire show was great. I, too, was hoping for them to end with Aenema, but you know, it was still a good concert. Don't know when the next time they'll be back will be, but I'm glad I saw them this round.

I apologize if this is long, heheh.