View Single Post
Casagrande's Avatar Casagrande
08-24-2007, 12:33 AM

Great show, loved to see Flood. From lots of reactions after the show however, it appears that many people thought Tool had been "jamming" a little bit too much. I guess maybe if it would have been a goal for Tool to please a festival crowd, a different setlist (no Flood) and less instrumental intermissions would have been more appropiate.

But we all know crowd pleasing is not Tool's most important goal, and for me this was a perfect show (well... considering that more than 10 years have passed since Ænima and the little flaw that is called Lateralus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyours2relive View Post
Except for the fact i was forced to see arcade fire (to be up in the front block), this was a perfect ending for the festival!
Well, I thought there was nothing wrong with that! In fact, Arcade Fire was another one of my favourite shows at Lowlands together with Interpol, Alamo Race Track, The Shins and The Good, The Bad & The Queen.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/19 - Holland - Lowlands Festival

Great show, loved to see Flood. From lots of reactions after the show however, it appears that many people thought Tool had been "jamming" a little bit too much. I guess maybe if it would have been a goal for Tool to please a festival crowd, a different setlist (no Flood) and less instrumental intermissions would have been more appropiate.

But we all know crowd pleasing is not Tool's most important goal, and for me this was a perfect show (well... considering that more than 10 years have passed since Ænima and the little flaw that is called Lateralus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyours2relive View Post
Except for the fact i was forced to see arcade fire (to be up in the front block), this was a perfect ending for the festival!
Well, I thought there was nothing wrong with that! In fact, Arcade Fire was another one of my favourite shows at Lowlands together with Interpol, Alamo Race Track, The Shins and The Good, The Bad & The Queen.