View Single Post
zzzsleepzzz's Avatar zzzsleepzzz
07-19-2007, 11:57 PM

This was my 13th tool show....

What is there to say?

I saw the Lateralus tour 4 times (one show in London at the Brixton), 10,000 days 9 times (Coachella/Bonnaroo) etc.

I just don't know....I'm torn.

The show was great...TOOL ALWAYS IS...I try to keep in mind when complaining that I would rather see Tool on their worst night then pretty much most other bands on their best ( a few exceptions to this I guess). Anyways...

Sort of freaking bummed that there was ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO set list change from the Reading Show....come on??? I mean really...all I wanted was to see Pushit....9 f'in shows and i still missed it. I mean really??????? WTF...

Its a love hate thing....just like Bonnaroo...great show but they cut their set list SO much earlier then the slot they were billed for. Last night...how much harder is it to just add ONE MORE SONG! I mean holy shit.

I won't even go into it anymore then that...I DID have a great time as always, I try to remain positive.

Oh except for this...

FUCK MEATHEAD TOOL FANS. So to make a long story short. We pull in...we park. We're sitting there for mabye 25 mintues chilling out in the car just relaxing with our eyes closed (my girl and I) when a guy (in A PERFECT CIRCLE SHIRT mind you) walks up and taps on my window. He procedes to tell me "oh we were supposed to hold a spot for our friends like a while ago and we forgot so I'm gonna go find another place for you to park" at which point I politely tell him the lot has filled up, i ain't moving. He walks about 10 feet away looks around, sees no spots, then comes back and taps on the window to say "your gonna have to move our friends will be here in a while and they're gonna park here". I again tell him I'm not moving (at this point the lots full beyond my line of site alllll the way to the end of our section). He tells me that "we'll have to compromise" then procedes to walk infront of our car where he and 15 of his buddies and their girls are tailgating and slamming beers. He calls some girl over, they whisper, then she starts walking to my girlfriends side of the car, opens the car door next to us, and starts acting like she's looking for something while pushing her car door into my girlfriends car. My girl is like "excuse me, what are you doing?" while the girl ignores her. Meanwhile, a dude in a wife beater (the biggest guy there, looked like a pro wrestler) comes over and "trips" and lands on the hood of our car and spills his beer on it. My girlfriend gives him the finger and he gets up and throws his hands up and says "you got a fucking problem?" to my girlfriend. You have to imagine how this looks. My girlfriend is 5' 4" and about 105 pounds, this guys is easily 6' 3" and 250. As my blood is raging to the point I start to contemplate exiting the car and stabbing people in the fucking eye with a pen one by one I come to my senses and tell her to just move the car. I knew for sure events would play out this way...Id get out of the car and no matter how people I could fight first I would eventually end up jumped/and or in jail once the cops arrived (at the very least probably miss the tool show) or that even if we ingored them and left to go to the show they would probably smash a window out or key our car (which had my laptop in it and an expensive guitar). It took so long for me to return to feeling ok again, to bring my bloodpressure back down. I'm one of the most easy going positive people you could meet. I hate the fact that people like that live, breathe, and breed. I also despise they show up at events I think are extrememly positive and spiritual to shotgun beers and mosh during wings for marie...I'm 100000% sure THESE are the fans that Tool hates that they have.

Sorry for the long post...I just had to vent that....

It's funny cause I did trip my face off at the show and ended up having a blast with some great friends! I didn't have any tickets when we showed up, all they had was lawn, but I kept checking back for any new releases and ended up scoring tickets in 102 row r!!!!!!!! How freaking lucky? Made me feel all better....whats even funnier is after the show while I was with all the people I met up with and we were tripping balls, I found a huge brick and it took some serious restraint not to walk right over to where they were parked and smash out their windshield. I do believe in Karma though and decided to be the better person. I haven't been that mad for 10 years....since I got into my last fight in highschool.

PS I do agree about people leaving. Right after the 3rd song, our row cleared out so we had about 6 seats around us that never got used from then on and 4 seats that never got sat the entire show.....some of our friends were on the lawn too, which really sucked!

Last edited by zzzsleepzzz; 07-20-2007 at 12:07 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 PM   #41

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

This was my 13th tool show....

What is there to say?

I saw the Lateralus tour 4 times (one show in London at the Brixton), 10,000 days 9 times (Coachella/Bonnaroo) etc.

I just don't know....I'm torn.

The show was great...TOOL ALWAYS IS...I try to keep in mind when complaining that I would rather see Tool on their worst night then pretty much most other bands on their best ( a few exceptions to this I guess). Anyways...

Sort of freaking bummed that there was ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO set list change from the Reading Show....come on??? I mean really...all I wanted was to see Pushit....9 f'in shows and i still missed it. I mean really??????? WTF...

Its a love hate thing....just like Bonnaroo...great show but they cut their set list SO much earlier then the slot they were billed for. Last night...how much harder is it to just add ONE MORE SONG! I mean holy shit.

I won't even go into it anymore then that...I DID have a great time as always, I try to remain positive.

Oh except for this...

FUCK MEATHEAD TOOL FANS. So to make a long story short. We pull in...we park. We're sitting there for mabye 25 mintues chilling out in the car just relaxing with our eyes closed (my girl and I) when a guy (in A PERFECT CIRCLE SHIRT mind you) walks up and taps on my window. He procedes to tell me "oh we were supposed to hold a spot for our friends like a while ago and we forgot so I'm gonna go find another place for you to park" at which point I politely tell him the lot has filled up, i ain't moving. He walks about 10 feet away looks around, sees no spots, then comes back and taps on the window to say "your gonna have to move our friends will be here in a while and they're gonna park here". I again tell him I'm not moving (at this point the lots full beyond my line of site alllll the way to the end of our section). He tells me that "we'll have to compromise" then procedes to walk infront of our car where he and 15 of his buddies and their girls are tailgating and slamming beers. He calls some girl over, they whisper, then she starts walking to my girlfriends side of the car, opens the car door next to us, and starts acting like she's looking for something while pushing her car door into my girlfriends car. My girl is like "excuse me, what are you doing?" while the girl ignores her. Meanwhile, a dude in a wife beater (the biggest guy there, looked like a pro wrestler) comes over and "trips" and lands on the hood of our car and spills his beer on it. My girlfriend gives him the finger and he gets up and throws his hands up and says "you got a fucking problem?" to my girlfriend. You have to imagine how this looks. My girlfriend is 5' 4" and about 105 pounds, this guys is easily 6' 3" and 250. As my blood is raging to the point I start to contemplate exiting the car and stabbing people in the fucking eye with a pen one by one I come to my senses and tell her to just move the car. I knew for sure events would play out this way...Id get out of the car and no matter how people I could fight first I would eventually end up jumped/and or in jail once the cops arrived (at the very least probably miss the tool show) or that even if we ingored them and left to go to the show they would probably smash a window out or key our car (which had my laptop in it and an expensive guitar). It took so long for me to return to feeling ok again, to bring my bloodpressure back down. I'm one of the most easy going positive people you could meet. I hate the fact that people like that live, breathe, and breed. I also despise they show up at events I think are extrememly positive and spiritual to shotgun beers and mosh during wings for marie...I'm 100000% sure THESE are the fans that Tool hates that they have.

Sorry for the long post...I just had to vent that....

It's funny cause I did trip my face off at the show and ended up having a blast with some great friends! I didn't have any tickets when we showed up, all they had was lawn, but I kept checking back for any new releases and ended up scoring tickets in 102 row r!!!!!!!! How freaking lucky? Made me feel all better....whats even funnier is after the show while I was with all the people I met up with and we were tripping balls, I found a huge brick and it took some serious restraint not to walk right over to where they were parked and smash out their windshield. I do believe in Karma though and decided to be the better person. I haven't been that mad for 10 years....since I got into my last fight in highschool.

PS I do agree about people leaving. Right after the 3rd song, our row cleared out so we had about 6 seats around us that never got used from then on and 4 seats that never got sat the entire show.....some of our friends were on the lawn too, which really sucked!

Last edited by zzzsleepzzz; 07-20-2007 at 12:07 AM..
OFFLINE |