View Single Post
Undertowing
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM

Great show and there's not really much more to add. As far as I'm concerned Tool has always been the best entertainment around. I couldn't think of another one night event in music, sports, food, partying, performance art, etc that I'd rather attend. Their performances are simply good entertainment: the music, the sound, the videos, and the personalities on stage make for a great diversion from regular life. Not to mention they draw a fairly diverse crowd which makes things even better.

Some quick notes for you guys that like the small stuff (it's the only thing I can really add):

As stated above, the vocals were kind of low in spots. Not a problem though. The majority was fine.

Also, a correction: I believe Justin was drinking Stella, not Yuengling. It made me thirsty, especially since I ran out of beer by that point.

Maynard walked over to Adam with the tissue paper to wipe his nose before fanning it at the BB drummer.

Danny had a huge smile on his face while watching the drummer from BB play during Lateralus.

Maynard left his little perch more than anytime I have ever seen him during the last two tours (I think he did twice). He also stated "I had a great [or fun] time tonight" before Vicarious. I couldn't make out one word he said after Jambi though.

The sounds Justin can make with his bass are simply amazing. Being just about right in front of his amp I felt the wind pass over me several times. It was powerful.

I couldn't help but feel a little sad after the show. It may be the last time I ever get to see Tool play. Or, at the very least, I'm pretty sure it will be the last time I get to see them play for another few years.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/16 - Reading, PA - Sovereign Center

Great show and there's not really much more to add. As far as I'm concerned Tool has always been the best entertainment around. I couldn't think of another one night event in music, sports, food, partying, performance art, etc that I'd rather attend. Their performances are simply good entertainment: the music, the sound, the videos, and the personalities on stage make for a great diversion from regular life. Not to mention they draw a fairly diverse crowd which makes things even better.

Some quick notes for you guys that like the small stuff (it's the only thing I can really add):

As stated above, the vocals were kind of low in spots. Not a problem though. The majority was fine.

Also, a correction: I believe Justin was drinking Stella, not Yuengling. It made me thirsty, especially since I ran out of beer by that point.

Maynard walked over to Adam with the tissue paper to wipe his nose before fanning it at the BB drummer.

Danny had a huge smile on his face while watching the drummer from BB play during Lateralus.

Maynard left his little perch more than anytime I have ever seen him during the last two tours (I think he did twice). He also stated "I had a great [or fun] time tonight" before Vicarious. I couldn't make out one word he said after Jambi though.

The sounds Justin can make with his bass are simply amazing. Being just about right in front of his amp I felt the wind pass over me several times. It was powerful.

I couldn't help but feel a little sad after the show. It may be the last time I ever get to see Tool play. Or, at the very least, I'm pretty sure it will be the last time I get to see them play for another few years.
OFFLINE |