View Single Post
cdntool7
07-12-2007, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneman View Post
BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE!!! We were sitting in section 202, front row... very close to the stage, on Adam's side. These were kick ass seats, and we could see all 4 members really well. The overhead view allowed us to see the images projected on the stage floor, as well as the 6 screens. During Adam's talk box solo, it was as if he was standing in a big burning sun... it was amazing. This was my 3rd time seeing TOOL, and it just keeps getting better. The crowd in front of the stage seemed pretty rough during the heavy parts... and I was glad I wansn't there. And it wasn't the same old shitty setlist... they played that Kids In The Hall cover... and FLOOD!!!!! The sound from my seat was awesome and very loud. I could hear Maynard perfectly throughout the whole show, as well as everybody else. The visuals were out of this world!!! The highlights for me were Flood, 10000 days and Lateralus. I really loved the part where Justin was playing bass with one hand, and drinking beer with the other. Everybody played extremely well. Before 10000 days started (I think), there was a sea of lighters like I've never seen before... it seemed like every 2nd person had a lighter. BTW, my friends and I had a few "Jazz cigarettes" during the show, and never saw a security guard.

AMAZING SHOW!!! Come back soon!!!
Actually, in the lower bowl the security was the tightest I have every seen in any show in any venue anywhere anytime. the isle between 114 and 115 had security with flashlights on a continuous basis. they were on the look for anything lit, including regular smokes. I saw them toss out several well behaved persons for lighting up. So word of caution for future shows. lower bowl is now a no smoke section. Ottawa not nearly as tough. I asked one of the security guards and he indicated that the band puts it in their contract and they have their own health concerns. REmember the good old days when an arena was like a giant smokey bar - those days long gone.

I just cannot stop thinking about the performance of 10,000 days. the continuous cascading clouds, the lights, and the perfect sound. "its time now, my time now" sent shivers down my spine. amazing.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/10 - Montreal, QC - Bell Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneman View Post
BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE!!! We were sitting in section 202, front row... very close to the stage, on Adam's side. These were kick ass seats, and we could see all 4 members really well. The overhead view allowed us to see the images projected on the stage floor, as well as the 6 screens. During Adam's talk box solo, it was as if he was standing in a big burning sun... it was amazing. This was my 3rd time seeing TOOL, and it just keeps getting better. The crowd in front of the stage seemed pretty rough during the heavy parts... and I was glad I wansn't there. And it wasn't the same old shitty setlist... they played that Kids In The Hall cover... and FLOOD!!!!! The sound from my seat was awesome and very loud. I could hear Maynard perfectly throughout the whole show, as well as everybody else. The visuals were out of this world!!! The highlights for me were Flood, 10000 days and Lateralus. I really loved the part where Justin was playing bass with one hand, and drinking beer with the other. Everybody played extremely well. Before 10000 days started (I think), there was a sea of lighters like I've never seen before... it seemed like every 2nd person had a lighter. BTW, my friends and I had a few "Jazz cigarettes" during the show, and never saw a security guard.

AMAZING SHOW!!! Come back soon!!!
Actually, in the lower bowl the security was the tightest I have every seen in any show in any venue anywhere anytime. the isle between 114 and 115 had security with flashlights on a continuous basis. they were on the look for anything lit, including regular smokes. I saw them toss out several well behaved persons for lighting up. So word of caution for future shows. lower bowl is now a no smoke section. Ottawa not nearly as tough. I asked one of the security guards and he indicated that the band puts it in their contract and they have their own health concerns. REmember the good old days when an arena was like a giant smokey bar - those days long gone.

I just cannot stop thinking about the performance of 10,000 days. the continuous cascading clouds, the lights, and the perfect sound. "its time now, my time now" sent shivers down my spine. amazing.
OFFLINE |