View Single Post
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM

Out of the 6 times I've seen them, that was the best.

I know I've bitched about the setlist lately, but honestly....after hearing, seeing, experiencing how fucking tight and intense Lateralus and Wings sounds now, I think I'll shut up. Wings is a long intense journey, and I dont think I ever really tapped into it, or appreciated it until tonight. Ahhh, really fucking good show.

I was so happy to hear Flood, then really really confused when they started playing that cover, then apeshit when Flood came back on, then dancing like a goddamn nutjob for most of the song completely bewildered how few people around me on the floor seemed to know it.

Rosetta Stoned still sounds a lot better on record than live, imo. The only slight disappointment of the night for me.

Either way, Amazing show, as good as it was to hear the older stuff at the beginning of the set, that 30 minute span of Lateralus and Wings was just ridiculous.

Crowd was for the most part great, a bunch of moshing at the beginning and then everyone got high, lol, and mellowed out, good times. Loved the response the band got at the end. Everyone just said thank you thank you thank you, for the music. We know they might not be back for 5 years, so it was nice to hear them absolutely destroy the whole building tonight.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Out of the 6 times I've seen them, that was the best.

I know I've bitched about the setlist lately, but honestly....after hearing, seeing, experiencing how fucking tight and intense Lateralus and Wings sounds now, I think I'll shut up. Wings is a long intense journey, and I dont think I ever really tapped into it, or appreciated it until tonight. Ahhh, really fucking good show.

I was so happy to hear Flood, then really really confused when they started playing that cover, then apeshit when Flood came back on, then dancing like a goddamn nutjob for most of the song completely bewildered how few people around me on the floor seemed to know it.

Rosetta Stoned still sounds a lot better on record than live, imo. The only slight disappointment of the night for me.

Either way, Amazing show, as good as it was to hear the older stuff at the beginning of the set, that 30 minute span of Lateralus and Wings was just ridiculous.

Crowd was for the most part great, a bunch of moshing at the beginning and then everyone got high, lol, and mellowed out, good times. Loved the response the band got at the end. Everyone just said thank you thank you thank you, for the music. We know they might not be back for 5 years, so it was nice to hear them absolutely destroy the whole building tonight.
OFFLINE |