View Single Post
tomb_45662
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veikley View Post
I think Ions was right before Stinkfist. They had a video going on for it as well on the stage backdrop.

Hate to bitch but...this was the worst sounding Tool show I have been too. It wasn't really bad but that arena had some weird echo to it or something was a little too loud that caused this weird muffled distortion. I guess it just sounded like someone was trying to crank some killer music through cheap speakers.

I agree with the above posts when they mention MJK was next to impossible to hear. Even during Wings, I could barely make out his vocals. First time I have seen Right In Two and it was pretty killer....the ending of that song just kicks ass. The extended drum solo in Lateralus and having 2 drummers for the finale of that song just blew the place up. There was so much percussion hitting me I was in awe. I hope they come back to Columbus for 2 shows next tour because the sound and experience was just 2x better at Nationwide Arena than this show.

Now tomention the ridiculous lighting issue with the main score board monstrosity and the upper right billboards. For some jackass to accidentaly turn that shit on in the middle of a laser light show musical extravaganza was one of the most ridiculous things I have seen at a show. gggrrrrrr usbank arena....

OK I am done bitching....hehehe.... great to see Tool live again either way. I hope the DTE Ampitheatre has better sound.

I agree with you on the sound and the house lights situation. The vocals were too far back in the mix, had a very hard time understanding what Maynard was saying in between songs. I had to look up some other fans reviews of this show to find out what he had said. I barely unsterstood the "O-HI-O" thing(but I did get it since I'm from Columbus) and I turned and asked this kid next to me"did you understand anything he just said?" He could'nt hear the vocals either.

Lights and effects were the great, I was up in Section 237, row E seat 1 so I had a great view of everything because there was nothing in front of me and I was next to the aisle.

I saw Tool at the Columbus show last fall and I liked that show a lot better because I was in the lower bowl/middle section 108 row X seat 13 so I could see everything and it sounded a lot better.

Since you're from Grove City did you get stuck in that mess on I 71 also? I was glad I left Columbus early to get to Cincy cuz this dude decided to run from the po po which led to a car chase and they shot his tires out. This and the ensuing rubbernecking turned I-71 into a parking lot.

Trying to find out how traffic was moving, I tuned in to some of the local stations , one was WEBN. When they played Tool they had to censor out the part "pissing over my black halo", aparently you can't say "pissing" on the radio down there in Cincy,lol.

Also thanks to everyone who mentioned the bars/clubs across the river. I ended up taking the foot bridge to Newport and eneded up at Newport on the levee(which ironiclly was exactly like Easton up here in Columbus), and had a few beers at Bar Louie, and smoked a cig inside a building for the first time in a long time,lol.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by veikley View Post
I think Ions was right before Stinkfist. They had a video going on for it as well on the stage backdrop.

Hate to bitch but...this was the worst sounding Tool show I have been too. It wasn't really bad but that arena had some weird echo to it or something was a little too loud that caused this weird muffled distortion. I guess it just sounded like someone was trying to crank some killer music through cheap speakers.

I agree with the above posts when they mention MJK was next to impossible to hear. Even during Wings, I could barely make out his vocals. First time I have seen Right In Two and it was pretty killer....the ending of that song just kicks ass. The extended drum solo in Lateralus and having 2 drummers for the finale of that song just blew the place up. There was so much percussion hitting me I was in awe. I hope they come back to Columbus for 2 shows next tour because the sound and experience was just 2x better at Nationwide Arena than this show.

Now tomention the ridiculous lighting issue with the main score board monstrosity and the upper right billboards. For some jackass to accidentaly turn that shit on in the middle of a laser light show musical extravaganza was one of the most ridiculous things I have seen at a show. gggrrrrrr usbank arena....

OK I am done bitching....hehehe.... great to see Tool live again either way. I hope the DTE Ampitheatre has better sound.

I agree with you on the sound and the house lights situation. The vocals were too far back in the mix, had a very hard time understanding what Maynard was saying in between songs. I had to look up some other fans reviews of this show to find out what he had said. I barely unsterstood the "O-HI-O" thing(but I did get it since I'm from Columbus) and I turned and asked this kid next to me"did you understand anything he just said?" He could'nt hear the vocals either.

Lights and effects were the great, I was up in Section 237, row E seat 1 so I had a great view of everything because there was nothing in front of me and I was next to the aisle.

I saw Tool at the Columbus show last fall and I liked that show a lot better because I was in the lower bowl/middle section 108 row X seat 13 so I could see everything and it sounded a lot better.

Since you're from Grove City did you get stuck in that mess on I 71 also? I was glad I left Columbus early to get to Cincy cuz this dude decided to run from the po po which led to a car chase and they shot his tires out. This and the ensuing rubbernecking turned I-71 into a parking lot.

Trying to find out how traffic was moving, I tuned in to some of the local stations , one was WEBN. When they played Tool they had to censor out the part "pissing over my black halo", aparently you can't say "pissing" on the radio down there in Cincy,lol.

Also thanks to everyone who mentioned the bars/clubs across the river. I ended up taking the foot bridge to Newport and eneded up at Newport on the levee(which ironiclly was exactly like Easton up here in Columbus), and had a few beers at Bar Louie, and smoked a cig inside a building for the first time in a long time,lol.
OFFLINE |