View Single Post
EleventhEye's Avatar EleventhEye
06-30-2007, 05:34 PM

It's hard to explain, but the show last night was, in my opinion, almost perfect. I can't describe the energy in the crowd, at least where I was. The band really seemed to be feeding off of it and having a good time- Maynard was talkative, Danny was grinning his ass off, and Justin was really groovin with the bass (I couldn't see Adam that well).

First of all they played almost a full two hour set, so that's why there was no encore. I don't mind that they didn't play The Pot- it is a good track but by no means my favorite on the album. With all of the radioplay I'm glad they played some songs with less exposure.

Secondly, the concert was meant to slow down around 10,000 Days. It really is the focal point of the setlist; they start off heavy with Jambi and rock out through Stinkfist, 46&2, Schism, Lost Keys/Rosetta stoned- then they bring the tempo down to set the mood. Intension, the long interlude, Right in Two, Wings, 10,000 Days, they all flow together very, very well and contain a very different energy, maybe a little harder to define and experience but definitely there.

Lateralus and the drum solo (sidenote: how is it a solo with another drummer?) really were the highlight of the show- it brought together the powerful beginning and the introspective middle segment. Vicarious was an appropriate show ender.

I wish they would have played Pushit also (not to mention Eulogy, Third Eye...etc.) but this IS the 10,000 Days tour.

All in all, my favorite concert experience. Amazing show.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

It's hard to explain, but the show last night was, in my opinion, almost perfect. I can't describe the energy in the crowd, at least where I was. The band really seemed to be feeding off of it and having a good time- Maynard was talkative, Danny was grinning his ass off, and Justin was really groovin with the bass (I couldn't see Adam that well).

First of all they played almost a full two hour set, so that's why there was no encore. I don't mind that they didn't play The Pot- it is a good track but by no means my favorite on the album. With all of the radioplay I'm glad they played some songs with less exposure.

Secondly, the concert was meant to slow down around 10,000 Days. It really is the focal point of the setlist; they start off heavy with Jambi and rock out through Stinkfist, 46&2, Schism, Lost Keys/Rosetta stoned- then they bring the tempo down to set the mood. Intension, the long interlude, Right in Two, Wings, 10,000 Days, they all flow together very, very well and contain a very different energy, maybe a little harder to define and experience but definitely there.

Lateralus and the drum solo (sidenote: how is it a solo with another drummer?) really were the highlight of the show- it brought together the powerful beginning and the introspective middle segment. Vicarious was an appropriate show ender.

I wish they would have played Pushit also (not to mention Eulogy, Third Eye...etc.) but this IS the 10,000 Days tour.

All in all, my favorite concert experience. Amazing show.
OFFLINE |