View Single Post
Sordid Singer
06-30-2007, 12:43 PM

First and foremost, let me say that this was by far the best show I've ever seen!!!
From the opening note they blugeoned the arena with such incredible thunder. The setlist is as follows:

Jambi
Stinkfist (EXT)
Forty-Six & 2 (30 second keyboard intro)
Schism (OTRM)
Lost Keys~Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two (Droning keyboard intro, did not sound like Intension to me??)
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Epic version w/Big Business drummer)
Vicarious

A few thoughts: The vocals could have came up in the mix a little, especially early on. Danny shredded the middle section of Lateralus w/ Big Business drummer, certainly the highlight of my night. The dualing drum solo section was at least 4 to 5 minutes long. Also, being a musician I was really blown away to watch him fill over top of 9/8, with such ease. It only solidified my opinion of him being the greatest drummer ever. I've never been to a show that was so loud, my ears are still ringing 19 hours later. Maynard's vocals were very strong, he sang nearly every note except for the last chorus of "Vicarious" which he asked for the crowds help, pretty cool. Adam and Justin are the anchors of this band, they hold it all down, and have the best sounds in rock music today. Finally the visuals were absolutely killer, and ever changing lights and images. I simply cannot say enough, Tool kills it, and if you have an opportunity to see them: GO!!!

By the way I've sat in the lower sections next to the stage before, and for this show I was about 20 feet from the stage, dead center on the floor, and honestly for me it's the only way to see the show.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

First and foremost, let me say that this was by far the best show I've ever seen!!!
From the opening note they blugeoned the arena with such incredible thunder. The setlist is as follows:

Jambi
Stinkfist (EXT)
Forty-Six & 2 (30 second keyboard intro)
Schism (OTRM)
Lost Keys~Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two (Droning keyboard intro, did not sound like Intension to me??)
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Epic version w/Big Business drummer)
Vicarious

A few thoughts: The vocals could have came up in the mix a little, especially early on. Danny shredded the middle section of Lateralus w/ Big Business drummer, certainly the highlight of my night. The dualing drum solo section was at least 4 to 5 minutes long. Also, being a musician I was really blown away to watch him fill over top of 9/8, with such ease. It only solidified my opinion of him being the greatest drummer ever. I've never been to a show that was so loud, my ears are still ringing 19 hours later. Maynard's vocals were very strong, he sang nearly every note except for the last chorus of "Vicarious" which he asked for the crowds help, pretty cool. Adam and Justin are the anchors of this band, they hold it all down, and have the best sounds in rock music today. Finally the visuals were absolutely killer, and ever changing lights and images. I simply cannot say enough, Tool kills it, and if you have an opportunity to see them: GO!!!

By the way I've sat in the lower sections next to the stage before, and for this show I was about 20 feet from the stage, dead center on the floor, and honestly for me it's the only way to see the show.
OFFLINE |