View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 04:38 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

What A Fucking Show!!!! Arguably my best Tool experience.

Setlist:

Stinkfist
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta
Wings/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

As I said, great performance, one of the Best I have seen of my 7. Definitely rivals Hawaii last year, and Brixton Academy in 02 for me. Our seats were outstanding - Row F, so only 6 rows from the barrier. I dont mean to sound like an arsehole, but I kind of felt sorry for some of those people up on the hill. In saying that, they probably had the best view of the lasers. The Myer Music Bowl is a great venue, although the organisers should re-think their strategy of only opening 2 gates to let 15,000 people in from 7.30pm(?). I guess it was what I would imagine seeing them at Red Rocks in Colorado would be like.
Jambi was prob the hilight. That song just gets better every time I hear it live. My first time hearing Wings/10,000 Days aswell, so very special.
Thats all for now, will prob post more later. Was definitely worth the trip over from New Zealand. Tonight I witnessed the beauty, and bathed in the fountain.