View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #136
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Any of you girls that were up front, was one of you the girl I handed a pick to? I know it was a generic dunlop, but Tool doesn't have signature picks...

Anyways, there's a recording of this show (audio) up on dimeadozen.org already. Same taper that recorded the Nails show back in June. Good guy.

Since I never really got to review this show.. I'll keep this short and quick.

---Tool Soundcheck

Adam, Danny and Justin played the beginning of 10,000 Days, complete with the thunder and lightning effects. Sounded fucking amazing.

Maynard walked onto the stage, and the full band played Stinkfist. Maynard only came in at certain points, probably saving his vocal energies for the actual show. The band sounded incredible.

---Isis

Put on a good show, but I didn't feel like being cold for them so I went inside. Can't really say much about them.

---Tool Show

I've seen Tool twice before... Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence 8/17/02 and the Orpheum Theater 5/21/06. Providence was amazing because of the setlist (they fucking played H.!!!) and the Orpheum was amazing because of the size of the venue. However, this show at the Tweeter Center blew them both out of the water for three reasons. #1. Sound quality. The sound was amazing.. all of those subs and PA stacks really do make a difference. #2. This was the only one of the three shows I've seen where Maynard wasn't really struggling. He did a much better job than at either of the other shows. Never even stormed offstage. #3. Wings 1&2. Fucking brilliant song.
OFFLINE |