View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 05:43 AM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/24 - Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara View Post
Some people were at the gig wearing contacts because they didn't want to risk their glasses bring smashed at the gig, smoke dries contacts out, makes their eyes sting. Personally, second hand smoke makes it hard for me to breathe as I have a slight problem at the back of my throat so I WILL get pissed off if people smoke near me and I'll happily inform the stewards of people smoking where there are rules to stop them doing it.

You are not allowed to take photos because both the band and the arena don't allow you to. If you want to take photos at a gig instead of just watching it, get a job as a fucking tour photographer then. The band want to keep control of their image and their sound, most bands do in fact, so either you just don't fucking do it or you get a light shone in your face and the rest of the crowd pissed off at you for getting their view blocked.

Just because you paid a lot of money to see them doesn't mean you're allowed to do whatever you want in the arena, there weren't any rules saying you couldn't piss on the floor, but how would you have liked standing in a pool of someone else's piss?
GPWM.

Totally with you on the smoking as well - smoking ban best thing that's happened in Scotland in a long time! :-)