View Single Post
ShiningOne
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh View Post
Shining One, ignorant fool:
Isaiah 14 uses figurative language referring to Babylon and the immanent fall of the nation. Lucifer is latin for light bearer which was a corruption of the greek, lux ferre, which in turn was a translation of the hebrew HELEL. The Lucifer myth was concocted by your religion. Go do some proper exegesis if you wish to know what you believe and why.
Laugh, this part is somewhat true. Actually, the scripture (Isaiah 14:12) refers to King Nebuchadnezzar (not Satan or Lucifer--see verses 16-19), before he fell from power, only to be reinstated to the throne of Babylon seven years later. Most people read the figurative language and conclude that it's Satan being discussed. I didn't think anyone would care enough to correct me. Also, it's "imminent." Immanent, being an actual word, has a totally irrelevant meaning. You don't really know what religion I am, so to state that "it" concocted something is quite foolhardy.

So exactly why do you feel the need to be so nasty? When someone is all criticism and no substance, his words carry no weight. No one yet has really taken a stand on what they believe in this thread. Only on what they hate/disagree with/don't quite understand.

You'll probably want to say something like, "It doesn't matter what religion you are, all christians are the same, blah blah blah." And/or "I'm not some kind of robot whose beliefs have to be structured for me, I believe lots of things, I don't need to commit to any one thing."

So now that I've taken that away from you, can you add anything meaningful to the thread?
Old 09-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #48
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool and the Occult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh View Post
Shining One, ignorant fool:
Isaiah 14 uses figurative language referring to Babylon and the immanent fall of the nation. Lucifer is latin for light bearer which was a corruption of the greek, lux ferre, which in turn was a translation of the hebrew HELEL. The Lucifer myth was concocted by your religion. Go do some proper exegesis if you wish to know what you believe and why.
Laugh, this part is somewhat true. Actually, the scripture (Isaiah 14:12) refers to King Nebuchadnezzar (not Satan or Lucifer--see verses 16-19), before he fell from power, only to be reinstated to the throne of Babylon seven years later. Most people read the figurative language and conclude that it's Satan being discussed. I didn't think anyone would care enough to correct me. Also, it's "imminent." Immanent, being an actual word, has a totally irrelevant meaning. You don't really know what religion I am, so to state that "it" concocted something is quite foolhardy.

So exactly why do you feel the need to be so nasty? When someone is all criticism and no substance, his words carry no weight. No one yet has really taken a stand on what they believe in this thread. Only on what they hate/disagree with/don't quite understand.

You'll probably want to say something like, "It doesn't matter what religion you are, all christians are the same, blah blah blah." And/or "I'm not some kind of robot whose beliefs have to be structured for me, I believe lots of things, I don't need to commit to any one thing."

So now that I've taken that away from you, can you add anything meaningful to the thread?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote