View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Sorry for the long post, I don’t do this very often and I have a lot to say right now.

This was my 8th TOOL show this year, I was at Coachella, I saw them up close in Vegas and in Tempe, almost lost my life in San Diego but somehow remained front row center for the entire show. I spent both nights camping at the Gorge, (What an after party!!) 4th row in Marysville, enjoyed my visit to beautiful Bakersfield and was there for Fridays Staples center show. This was my 32nd TOOL show, here's what I think of the 2006 Tour.

The band sounds tight, Danny has never been better, he continues to grow as a musician each day, he has a TRUE passion for percussion and it shows. Justin is always rock solid, I love effects he is doing on the new songs. Adam seemed to be struggling at times, but was overall on cue.

I saw Maynard sing Joni Mitchell’s fiddle and a drum at the LA axis of Justice Show a few years back. He was wearing jeans, a tight white g-mart t-shirt, and a cowboy hat. Cool!! I was surprised to see him wearing the same outfit at Coachella, what!!! He’s still wearing it? What happened to that painted, glowing shadow daemon that we all came to love. He's not even moving up there. He may have been sick last night, but he hasn't moved once at any of the eight shows I’ve seen. He may have a bad ankle or something else that we don’t know about, but if not, I am at a loss for words.

The stage setup looks great from up high, especially when they get everything going, but there is too much white for my liking. The lasers are Gay and the set list has been pretty boring so far. I did get to hear Opiate 2 times so I guess I can't complain too much. I don’t know if I’ve changed or if TOOL has, sometimes you just don’t see straight if you know what I mean.

TOOL will always be TOOL, I know that. It’s not up to me to decide what the stage set up looks like, or to choose the set list. Maynard can continue to stand still and ride his mike stand like a cowboy, it’s not up to me. I have forever and will always be a FAN in the true sense of the word. To date, I have not felt this way about a TOOL tour, I only pray that heaven knows when to lift them out. Because after 32 days in the fire, I’m going home.

Last edited by Duncantsimms; 09-09-2006 at 09:49 AM..
OFFLINE |