View Single Post
sscheitel
02-01-2012, 06:10 PM

11th TooL show and nothing to complain about. I stood dead center, section 19 / Row A

I have a much different opinion than most on this thread. I thought Maynard was spot on, with the exception of Ticks&Leeches...as it my understanding that if he were to do this song verbatium from the album he would lose his voice for a week. So he managed the song better than I thought giving us the actual energy in the final verse...and muddling through the rest of the song in a different octave.

I also thought that they changed just about every older song and gave it a slight kick....the sped up Schism, hitting different notes during other songs and holding notes longer at certain parts. Absolutely incredible.

I have been to shows where Maynard showed up in blue jeans and rolled through the show repeating lyrics in second versus and not giving a flying F about it. It was refreshing to hear all the right lyrics and no repeated lines. For example (Lateralus) during most other shows that I have seen them, he normally says "...feed my will to feel this moment..." twice....he repeats the same lyrics in both versus of the song. BUT last night he sang the song as it was written to say "feed my will to feel MY moment" in the first verse. That meant a lot to me. It was the little things like this that made that show special.

Yes he is 47, but I would love to hear anyone hit that note in 46&2 where he sings "DO what it takes to get through". That damn note is impossible to hit with testicals. And again he sang that verse correctly using "leap through" and not get through twice. I know picky....sorry.

Danny...enough said. Worth the price of admission right there.

The light show was awesome, every song had its own theme. Nice job.

I do hope the hotel rumors are not true...but I think that the band has been this way for many many years and that is why they don't write albums together. They actually work on their own separate pieces and submit it to production where they piece it all together.

It was odd that Maynard fist pumped only Danny at the end and then walked off not having even acknowledged the other members.

I think it was the peace sign that he gave the crowd in the end.....but I could not tell if it was a wave, a peace sign or the middle finger.

Overall a 9/10 show....I was lucky enough to get a hold of a setlist and the pot was on there.....but for whatever reason it was not played. I feel it was the gaffe with the guitar causing that small delay due to technical difficulties that did not allow for us to hear the pot.

Highlights: Danny's solo's and Pushit...god damn that song kicks some serious a$$
....although the Salival version would have given this show a 10

I do hope that one day I hear No Quarter live...that would be a dream come true.

Can't wait for the next album.....

Last edited by sscheitel; 02-01-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.31.2012 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

11th TooL show and nothing to complain about. I stood dead center, section 19 / Row A

I have a much different opinion than most on this thread. I thought Maynard was spot on, with the exception of Ticks&Leeches...as it my understanding that if he were to do this song verbatium from the album he would lose his voice for a week. So he managed the song better than I thought giving us the actual energy in the final verse...and muddling through the rest of the song in a different octave.

I also thought that they changed just about every older song and gave it a slight kick....the sped up Schism, hitting different notes during other songs and holding notes longer at certain parts. Absolutely incredible.

I have been to shows where Maynard showed up in blue jeans and rolled through the show repeating lyrics in second versus and not giving a flying F about it. It was refreshing to hear all the right lyrics and no repeated lines. For example (Lateralus) during most other shows that I have seen them, he normally says "...feed my will to feel this moment..." twice....he repeats the same lyrics in both versus of the song. BUT last night he sang the song as it was written to say "feed my will to feel MY moment" in the first verse. That meant a lot to me. It was the little things like this that made that show special.

Yes he is 47, but I would love to hear anyone hit that note in 46&2 where he sings "DO what it takes to get through". That damn note is impossible to hit with testicals. And again he sang that verse correctly using "leap through" and not get through twice. I know picky....sorry.

Danny...enough said. Worth the price of admission right there.

The light show was awesome, every song had its own theme. Nice job.

I do hope the hotel rumors are not true...but I think that the band has been this way for many many years and that is why they don't write albums together. They actually work on their own separate pieces and submit it to production where they piece it all together.

It was odd that Maynard fist pumped only Danny at the end and then walked off not having even acknowledged the other members.

I think it was the peace sign that he gave the crowd in the end.....but I could not tell if it was a wave, a peace sign or the middle finger.

Overall a 9/10 show....I was lucky enough to get a hold of a setlist and the pot was on there.....but for whatever reason it was not played. I feel it was the gaffe with the guitar causing that small delay due to technical difficulties that did not allow for us to hear the pot.

Highlights: Danny's solo's and Pushit...god damn that song kicks some serious a$$
....although the Salival version would have given this show a 10

I do hope that one day I hear No Quarter live...that would be a dream come true.

Can't wait for the next album.....

Last edited by sscheitel; 02-01-2012 at 06:17 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote