View Single Post
Emericana's Avatar Emericana
01-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Ok now for a better review than when I posted last night.

This was my 9th show. First one being Coachella in 2006 and the last time I saw them prior to tonight being in Atlanta in 2009 (where I left disappointed due to the shit set list they were playing in 2009).

I made a conscious decision to not look at any set lists of this tour until after the show was over in order to keep things fresh in case they threw any surprises. Going into the show I was expecting to see a set similar to the 2010 and 2011 shows which I unfortunately did not get a chance to see due to $$$ issues I was having at the time (as I would have had to fly to the west coast).

At the beginning of the show they teased with third eye. For about 3 minutes they were doing the heart beat which happens at the beginning of third eye. I was incredibly excited because I have never seen third eye live and really wanted to see it.

Then adam started playing hooker with a penis... i was confused for a fraction of a second till i realized what was going on. i went fucking crazy!

the setlist progressed and I was incredibly happy to hear ticks and leaches. before playing it maynard said something along the lines of "some songs tonight were made when you guys were sperm" and then they teased with the "no quarter" intro before danny went crazy with the ticks and leeches intro... I once again went crazy haha.

They did a awesome new jam before breaking into pushit. which was my second time seeing that song live (caught it in 2007 in mansfield). pushit is one of my favorite songs so it was real nice to hear. maynard did not sing the last verse however "staring down the hole again... hand upon my back again" etc. but no harm no foul.

I have seen schism done live at every show I have been to but this was by far the best rendition of it I have seen. Ditto for 46 and 2. Intension was fantastic.

The segue at the end before aenema had fantastic visuals and was real psychedelic. I was a little dissapointed when the played aenema after it only because I knew that was going to be the last song and I was hoping for third eye (as I hadnt looked at any setlists). But oh well. I cant complain at all. After Pushit was over I told my fiancee who I brought with me that the show could end at that point and I would be content (which was true).

Other things to note. The people next to me fucking sucked. They wouldnt stop talking to me and my fiancee during the songs and they were making these real annoying remarks at us (like making fun of us for dancing during pushit). These guys left to get beer after pushit was over and didnt come back till aenema so they missed the majority of the show. They obviously were not fans and tickets were really expensive so I have no idea what the fuck was their deal. They came back during aenema and were making retarded remarks to my fiancee and semi wrecked that song for me which sucked. This has never happened to me at a tool show before tonight but I have read PLENTY of reports of similar things happening to other people in the past so I guess it had to happen to me sooner or later?

Also... I tried to get 2 tickets for this show the SECOND they went on sale. I couldnt. I ended up being able to get 2 single tickets in totally different areas of the venue. Then later I snagged a third single ticket off of craigslist (for face value!). I wanted to sit with my fiancee obviously. While the guys sitting to the left of us sucked the people to the right of us were real nice and let her sit with me even tho her seat was elsewhere. Good stuff. There were actually many people who I talked to at the venue to which the same thing happened to them. I guess stub hub and other scalpers got all the seats. Fuckheads.

All in all this is one of the top tool shows I have been to. If I would have to pick a number 1 it would be coachella but that is only because it was my first. This one was right up there and definitely had the best set list.

/Rant
Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: 01.29.2012 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Centre

Ok now for a better review than when I posted last night.

This was my 9th show. First one being Coachella in 2006 and the last time I saw them prior to tonight being in Atlanta in 2009 (where I left disappointed due to the shit set list they were playing in 2009).

I made a conscious decision to not look at any set lists of this tour until after the show was over in order to keep things fresh in case they threw any surprises. Going into the show I was expecting to see a set similar to the 2010 and 2011 shows which I unfortunately did not get a chance to see due to $$$ issues I was having at the time (as I would have had to fly to the west coast).

At the beginning of the show they teased with third eye. For about 3 minutes they were doing the heart beat which happens at the beginning of third eye. I was incredibly excited because I have never seen third eye live and really wanted to see it.

Then adam started playing hooker with a penis... i was confused for a fraction of a second till i realized what was going on. i went fucking crazy!

the setlist progressed and I was incredibly happy to hear ticks and leaches. before playing it maynard said something along the lines of "some songs tonight were made when you guys were sperm" and then they teased with the "no quarter" intro before danny went crazy with the ticks and leeches intro... I once again went crazy haha.

They did a awesome new jam before breaking into pushit. which was my second time seeing that song live (caught it in 2007 in mansfield). pushit is one of my favorite songs so it was real nice to hear. maynard did not sing the last verse however "staring down the hole again... hand upon my back again" etc. but no harm no foul.

I have seen schism done live at every show I have been to but this was by far the best rendition of it I have seen. Ditto for 46 and 2. Intension was fantastic.

The segue at the end before aenema had fantastic visuals and was real psychedelic. I was a little dissapointed when the played aenema after it only because I knew that was going to be the last song and I was hoping for third eye (as I hadnt looked at any setlists). But oh well. I cant complain at all. After Pushit was over I told my fiancee who I brought with me that the show could end at that point and I would be content (which was true).

Other things to note. The people next to me fucking sucked. They wouldnt stop talking to me and my fiancee during the songs and they were making these real annoying remarks at us (like making fun of us for dancing during pushit). These guys left to get beer after pushit was over and didnt come back till aenema so they missed the majority of the show. They obviously were not fans and tickets were really expensive so I have no idea what the fuck was their deal. They came back during aenema and were making retarded remarks to my fiancee and semi wrecked that song for me which sucked. This has never happened to me at a tool show before tonight but I have read PLENTY of reports of similar things happening to other people in the past so I guess it had to happen to me sooner or later?

Also... I tried to get 2 tickets for this show the SECOND they went on sale. I couldnt. I ended up being able to get 2 single tickets in totally different areas of the venue. Then later I snagged a third single ticket off of craigslist (for face value!). I wanted to sit with my fiancee obviously. While the guys sitting to the left of us sucked the people to the right of us were real nice and let her sit with me even tho her seat was elsewhere. Good stuff. There were actually many people who I talked to at the venue to which the same thing happened to them. I guess stub hub and other scalpers got all the seats. Fuckheads.

All in all this is one of the top tool shows I have been to. If I would have to pick a number 1 it would be coachella but that is only because it was my first. This one was right up there and definitely had the best set list.

/Rant
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote