View Single Post
Dash Rantic
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM

Was a great show overall--were a few "first show of the tour" hiccups, but getting to see Hooker With A Penis, Ticks and Leeches, and Pushit was great. Maynard seemed to forget the verse to Lateralus, he claimed "I've got a frog in my throat, help me out on this one" but then forgot the next verse as well :p It was interesting they they did not play the extended version of Stinkfist, they always have the other times I've seen them. Another person I met at the show (said was their 16th time seeing Tool) was surprised as well they didn't do the extended version, said they always had every time she'd seen them too.

The minor lyric changes Maynard made we great, but his vocals were rather low in the mix (maybe it was just where I was sitting)? The rest of the band sounded phenomenal however. Justin pretty much owned the stage show, as per the other times I've seen Tool. Intronaut was interesting, as someone else mentioned their vocals weren't very good but the musicianship was otherwise top notch. Methinks they could use a little work on their songwriting as well though, but definitely a band I'll keep my eye on. My 3rd time seeing Tool (still a nub? ;) ), but this was definitely my favorite show I've seen from them so far.

Last edited by Dash Rantic; 01-15-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

Was a great show overall--were a few "first show of the tour" hiccups, but getting to see Hooker With A Penis, Ticks and Leeches, and Pushit was great. Maynard seemed to forget the verse to Lateralus, he claimed "I've got a frog in my throat, help me out on this one" but then forgot the next verse as well :p It was interesting they they did not play the extended version of Stinkfist, they always have the other times I've seen them. Another person I met at the show (said was their 16th time seeing Tool) was surprised as well they didn't do the extended version, said they always had every time she'd seen them too.

The minor lyric changes Maynard made we great, but his vocals were rather low in the mix (maybe it was just where I was sitting)? The rest of the band sounded phenomenal however. Justin pretty much owned the stage show, as per the other times I've seen Tool. Intronaut was interesting, as someone else mentioned their vocals weren't very good but the musicianship was otherwise top notch. Methinks they could use a little work on their songwriting as well though, but definitely a band I'll keep my eye on. My 3rd time seeing Tool (still a nub? ;) ), but this was definitely my favorite show I've seen from them so far.

Last edited by Dash Rantic; 01-15-2012 at 08:06 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote