View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 06:47 PM   #69
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
ok now I am seriously confused. I think my ears are fucked up. And that is a problem. I was in section 5 row P and everything sounded horrible. It didnt sound like Tool. The guitar sounded too high. The levels were all off...I don't know enough about music production to really pin it down. It did NOT sound like the album and I DONT get why. I went to the orpheum show and it sounded absolutely amazing. I listened to Aenima as soon as I got to the car...and it sounded NOTHING like what I had just heard. Is it possible there is a bad couple of seats in the tweeter center? I really am at a loss. I came 6 hours for this show all the way from college.
Dude, I went to school for recording, have judged car audio contests and now professionally tune home theater rooms. From where I was, VIP in Sec3 (I was invited only a few hours before the show) the sound started off with a bit too much kick drum. Other than that, it sounded infinitely better than the Orpheum (of course I was in the boiling balcony for that one). For the very loud volume, the system was clear and full. After a while, I didn't hear the kick as loud, but that could have been my ears compensating.
It totally possible for there to be "dead spots" in the arena, and that's really prevalent with bass.
I'm sorry that you had that experience - that's gotta suck.
I've been reading all different sound quality opinions on these pages. If it ain't the drugs, then it's gotta be the place.