View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #61
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Stinkfist, The Pot, 46&2, Jambi, Schism, Lost Keys, Rosetta Stoned, Wings for Marie, 10,000 Days, LATERALUS, Vicarious, Aenema

Aside from the random preppy kids who casually listened to TOOL on the radio, with his stupid bleach blond girlfriend by his side; the crowd was absolutely amazing I just thought to myself that these kids were in for a fucking trip. I was dead center middle of the crowd in section 13. The crowd moved as one, if Maynard had told us to destroy the Tweeter Center we would have. The first three songs were astounding. I was surprised by the amount of songs they played off of 10,000 Days but each of them were sick. Rosetta Stoned is one of my favorite songs off the new album, but it is a hard song to perform live...I felt that song could have been replaced by Eulogy or Pushit which are killer live songs.

The overall atmosphere was incredible, the lights, the stars, even the cold New England air all added to the experience. Maynard dressed in his orange hunting jacket and cowboy hat was awesome. Normally he is not as playful and animated but he was having a lot of fun. I still think that Justin is one of the most important and underappreciated members to the overall sound of the band. Adam is a musical genius as always. And Danny played his fucking heart out, still pushing him further into a rare class of untouchable drummers. I was blown away by the overall sound and how close it was to the albums.
The only bad thing about the entire night was the fact that it took us an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot; the tweeter center parking lots need to be redesigned.

Aenema, one of my all-time favorite songs was amazing...everyone around me was singing along to all of the songs the entire night but when they closed with that song it fired everyone up. I loved how they had different introductions for each song almost to the point where the song was unidentifiable until they got into it more. Another sick part of the show was when they worked other chords into songs. They played the first song, Stinkfist, in part of the breakdown they played a few of the opening riffs from Eulogy, which was awesome.

That was by far one of the best shows I’ve been to and TOOL will continue to be the best live band ever. I’ll see you in Manchester!
OFFLINE |