View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTylerDean View Post
I showed up at 3:30 to tailgate. Amongst dressing in a Tuxedo and cooking a 5 course meal for four of my most beloved friends, I also attended the show in Section 4 Row E seats 8 and 9.

A further description of my tailgating experience would indicate to you that I might just perhaps be a huge fan, not a tailgate junky, but we are here to read about the show, right?

Third show I have seen with my own eyes. Albeit the best band ever, in any dimension you choose, in the words of my best friend, "For the greatest band ever, the show was mediocre at best".

I'm trying hard not to be a dick, but Tool is my Church. The guy who originally posted the first "negative review" was respectful by acknowledging the fact that Tool doesn't OWE him anything. The guy who told him to listen to "Hooker with a Penis" : should die and go to hell : . We understand the same point, and let's try and not be redundant and overdefensive, shall we?

Now for subjectivity: The only other time I was disgusted by a set list was when Pearl Jam came to town and catalogued their show. I didn't know this. I went to the last of 3 shows. And that was the worst setlist I have ever listened to AND paid money to hear it.

This does not mean I am disgusted with the show. Reread the "church" part above.

Ninety minutes? Who are you kidding? Tool doesn't get played on the radio because all their songs are 1.5x to 2x of normal songs. Why don't we take the same equation and apply it applicably (that's for you, you redundant f**k) to the concert side of Tool.

No Encore? Did um.... we forget we are... uh... the best band ever, and that we are playing a "Rock Concert" circa..... 20th Century, give or take 50 years? A little cordial pattern of "entertainment" would be appropriate here. The only other time I was disgusted by !no! encore was watching RATM at woodstock99. However at least we got a little fire at the end of it (they burn a flag, and no, thank you, but I'm IN to this "America" business, so lay off).

The last shows, Maynard was in the back of the stage, dark, hiding. But if you have ever performed while singing, or simply ask someone who has, it may just be the hardest thing a singer ever does: move around while performing. I most admire him for that reason. You can see him channel the music, and channel his soul,

and feed you.

What's my point? He was on that stage like it was another day at the office. Well f**k you too, buddy.

One more bone for my redundant friend, did I mention the setlist? I may not have initially enjoyed the unlubricated sodomy, which some people call "10000 Days", but I'll be that guy who says "It grew on me." I'll never forget the carnal sin, but I'll forgive.

I get it, Tool wants people to hear the new cd. They are touring, probably because they released a cd, thanks for following that particular cookie cutter aspect of "Rock Bands". Appreciated.

Despite my scoffing, for which I apologize, they could have elected to play either Pushit, or yes (sigh), Right In Two, alas they didn't. Why either of these? It's a "Rock Concert" and it happens to be a band calling themselves "Tool". If you know a little about each, you should be able to interpret without further mention, what... exactly... I am indicating. Aenima.... warm.... Wings... warmer... I think you are getting it.

Other than the above, that will be the 5th best show I have ever been to. Kind of hard to f**k that up honestly, if you are Tool. I don't know if what I have just said is a complement or another scoff, again I will apologize.

Final note, I guess it's better to be sodomized by your idol.... than not.

i was tailgating VERY close to your group!!!
well unless someone else was cooking in a tuxedo!!!!

you guys had a white canopy correct?
OFFLINE |