View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: Really accurate video interpretation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post
the white doods are record execs and business men. the are opening a box of "drugs" to give to their artists.

saying here, take this, it will help you make art that we can sell.
I've thought that. But have also considered that the apple is the artist, which the execs dissect, examine, define, bid on, forge a contract, signing in black vomit. The gesture of the hands manipulating the "signature" might be Tool suggesting that they don't like to play by the label's "rules".

I like the interp of the rest of the video. I suppose that would offer the idea that as it moves into the second portion of the video that the man stops and destroys the swinging rocks because he wishes to destroy anything that could damage his ego.

Cutting the little guy in half? Perhaps examining what spawned his ego in the first place, understanding where it came from may help in keeping it from coming back again in the future.

I also find it interesting that he has bizarre twig bush shaped in a menacing face... prehaps a representation of a "false" reality with which he identifies with. The trees and leaves outside, the true reality.

Yes, I like this.

And the grapes of doom.