View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

This was by far the most amazing concert I've ever been to, and possibly the most powerfull thing I have ever experienced.

To say this band is the closest thing to seing Pink Floyd live in this day and age is an under-statement.

The whole stage was a giant screen that images were projected onto. Because of this, the band were constantly changing colors and designs were flying all over the place. Unfortunatly sence Jeff and I were on the floor, we couldn't see much of this... but I've seen pictures and video of the stage and it is simply mind blowing.

When they started playing Wings for Marie... about halfway through... the lasers shot out into the stadium and oh my god.... people around me were going "holy shit! oh my god! whoa! wow!". The song is very soft and very emotional and everyone around me were just blown away. People's mouths were wide open. Jeff and I looked at eachother with understanding at how amazing it was. More lazers started coming out and they were everywhere... going back and forth and changing colors. I felt like crying.

Wings for Marie / 10,000 days was definatly the high point of the concert, followed closely by Lateralus where they raised these hanging lights behind the stage that resembled Alex Grey's state of being artwork that they sell as posters. Maynard would sing "black and white are all I see in my infancy" as these lights were changing from black to white. Then he would sing "red and yellow then came to me" and red and yellow waves of color was washing over these hanging lights and the lasers were moving in this specific pattern from above, below, and behind the stage. There were even lasers coming out of the sound mixing area in the middle of Kemper pointing towards the stage.

Oh my fucking god... I STILL haven't recovered from this show.

Danny carrey is god! Oh man...

Maynard was awsome. He had a cowboy hat and a big belt buckle and was swinging his hat around and dancing. He did a line dance during the solo of Jambi, it was halarious! He was definatly into it.

You could tell that it meant alot to the whole band. They really showed how into it they were.

At the end of the concert, they all hugged eachother and through shit out to the crowed and waved at everyone.

Oh and the lighters during Wings for Marie.... i've never seen such an amazing sea of lights.

I don't know what else to say. I feel so bad for all my friends that weren't able to experience this. I've heard rumors that they will be doing a 2nd US tour and if they do, you CAN'T MISS IT! Believe me, it's NOT something you want to miss.